Originally posted by Mitch:
i was banned ?

Noooooo..... never.....

And by never, I mean 6 or 7 times.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
damn what a tool...it must be fun to have no life at all other seeing how many times u can get banned from a site...

maybe it would be nice if citations contour blew up...maybe he wouldn't feel like coming here much then

isnt he the one with the bulgarian bim??? guess she's not too much fun if he's here instead spending time with her

citation u are such a jackass......go lay down in traffic

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by RedlineTuning:
Hi NVS Mystique,

All kits ordered as of this past Friday have been shipped. Unfortunately, those that were shipped to Canada will take a bit longer as we didn't use FedEx to ship them. If you don't receive your kit soon, email us and we'll check into it further.

Thanks,
RedlineTuning.

Haven't received my kit yet.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Here is a message I sent to Redline Tuning a couple of days ago (July 16, 2003). I have not received a response yet.

I installed the hood lift kit today, in my 98.5 SVT Contour and came across 3 issues with clearance. First thing is that the instructions were followed as far as mounting the fasteners to the hood and fender. Now, when the struts are installed, body side connected to the hood, shaft side connected to the fender, the struts touch one of the bolts that affixes the fenders and doesn't allow the hood to close as the strut bodies push up the side of the hood. Problem almost resolved but reversing the struts, shaft side connected to the hood. Next clearance issues, the end that attaches to the hood, when hood is closed, protrudes too far outboard and downward, and touches the fender lip It has already chewed up the paint on the inside of both of my fenders. I would figure that a slightly shorter hood pin would allow the strut end to move more upwards and inboard. I have had to modify the fender to try to clear the end, and also file away some of the material on the sides strut ends, but it still touches. One thing about the strut body, even with strut inverted, one bolt, on each fender, that holds the fender in place, still touches the strut body. I am thinking that the fender pin should be taller than the one supplied. Lastly, on one of the strut ends, where you insert the holding clip, one of the holes was broken apart (first hole to insert pin). I still managed to get the clip to stay on, but based on your instructions, this is not a safe situation, and I feel the one end should be replaced.

Has anyone else experienced these clearance issues?

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I installed these on my 00 CSVT. At first when I closed the hood the shock rested ona bolt head and held the hood up slightly, kinda bowing the hood. I just took a pair of pliers and bent the lip downward along the whole lip on both sides. You cant even tell I did it now and the hood shuts as normal. All in all I love this mod.

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
No doubt, I like the mod too, just I was a little bit disappointed when I saw the hood not closing at first.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I had no problem with mine as far as hood clearance and the lines of the hood to fender line up perfect. you may want to check when you replace one of the hood bolts with the ball joint, that the hood did not shift on you. If so you hood may not align properly. THanks

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Checked the hood and hinges, whilst installing, and just now. The hinges are in the exact location that they were prior to the installation. As there were 2 different sized ball joints (???) to be installed, what I need is shorter (in height) ones for the hood hinge and taller ones for the fender. That would resolve my issues completely. It's easy to raise the ones in the fender, just add another washer but can't shorten the ones in the hood hinge.

R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
Hi cawong11,

We are sorry you are having issues with your kit. We have sent you replacement ball studs for the various reasons you have described - you should have received them by now - actually, it might be while longer given how long Canadian mail took to get you your kit to begin with.

The best way to create clearance if you having issues is to tweak the fender lip downward at the area of interference. This will not harm your vehicle and will allow the ball stud to sit untouched in your vehicle.

Feel free to return the kit for a full refund if you are not able to get it installed to your satisfaction - we can't think of any other changes or mods for you to try to make it fit perfectly on your vehicle.

Thanks for posting your issues and for contacting us as well.

Thanks,
Brian
Redline Tuning

RedlineTuning.com Engineering Nuts! - With 5 SVT vehicles in our stable.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by cawong11:
Has anyone else experienced these clearance issues?

Yes. I have yet to perform surgery on my inner fender lip yet. The right side is worse than the left. The hood sticks up the entire length. The left side only has a slight bulge.

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard