Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I have about 1,400 miles break in on my new 3.0L, 'Swazo' clutch and Fidanza.
So far so good! If a little too easy to use...

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:

Someone was comparing GC and EIbachs on which one they should get. Somewhere down the line Fletcher jumps in stating that Eibachs Sucked because he "tried them." I don;t doubt he tried them. I don;t doubt he knows what hes talking about. I don;t doubt that HE thinks they suck....but if you look form a non byist point of view the eibachs don;t suck, there just a lower performing product (better than stock, not as good as GC) Well thats what a few people wer etrying to explain, but he had it deep into his skull that Eibach sucks....and thats that.that was the info he was goign to pass on....Not very good info

Roz

let me get your [censored] right for you, it wasn't the GC vs Eibach thread.. GC's come with Eibachs.. IT was the Spring Rate of the H/R vs Eibach's thread

Don;t call me Fletcher, it's Flecha have some RESPECT!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by bamf2go:
Originally posted by Swazo:
The only........let me repeat..... ONLY contique that has put some real power to a Centerforce is Kinger IMO. So far, so good so I'll give it a bit more credit for our platform because of him.

Didn't mean to pee in anyones cornflakes

What about Stazzi??? Does he not have a turbo'ed svt with cfdf/fidanza combo?

Thanks for bringing him up, I didn't know that's what he had. IIRC, he still is running lower boost and hasn't turned it up due to lack of an IC. Let's see what happens after he does. That should be a good test for a Centerforce.....yes?

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by chknhwk:
I have about 1,400 miles break in on my new 3.0L, 'Swazo' clutch and Fidanza.
So far so good! If a little too easy to use...

1400 BREAK in? 1K should be more than enough....how do you like the engagment of the clutch now? What about the bite and launch with this setup?

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by bamf2go:
The only........let me repeat..... ONLY contique that has put some real power to a Centerforce is Kinger IMO. So far, so good so I'll give it a bit more credit for our platform because of him.

Didn't mean to pee in anyones cornflakes

What about Stazzi??? Does he not have a turbo'ed svt with cfdf/fidanza combo?

I'll be the next pushing some ponies on the Centerforce, I am hoping for 300hp at the wheels here in a couple weeks. If it doesn't hold up I'll get the Spec, I may not be the best example considering I baby the car.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yes you'll be a good test too, I babied my Eclipse after "beating" my OEM clutch and I babied it the whole time I had the Centerforce clutch in it.

I made myself change the way I drive because I thought I was being hard on my car and I didn't want to destroy it on any scale.

The Centerforce clutch was broken in very well and I really didn't have time to even launch it one good time. It started to slip until it just sat there and spun. Nothing smells worse to someone that just spent over 1K for a clutch/install on an AWD car than a heavy stink of a burned
up clutch.

At first I thought it was the shop, like maybe they didn't get the flywheel surfaced. They had proof in paper work and notes from the machine shop that the had it done.

Centerforce's warranty is a joke. Long story short, even when proving it was just the lining that had failed, they tried to say crap like I used the wrong clutch, yet all the part #'s checked out for the correct clutch and dumber things than that like bad lining batches, ect. Bah

Hopefully they have gotten their ish together by now....

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

It has an obscene rating for a FWD of 440 lb/ft of TQ. You could probably count the number of Contiques on zero hands that have close to that much TQ.

How do you arrive at a TQ rating? Is it how much the assembly is designed to take before slipping, or is there any consideration to long term fatigue stresses (if those are a factor)?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Rahmel:
guys, i need someone to drop some knowledge on me, i'm tryin to understand this convo here and it sounds like this spec clutch is cool but who is it by? is it by Clutch Masters or Unorthodox or something i see the Unorthodox has a stage one and two as well as Clutch Masters, but what are the hp/tq ratings on these Spec clutches? if i keep my car, i plan on runnin between 275-300 hp (3Lw/vortech, and MAYBE a 35-50dry shot from Nitrous Express just to hit the 300hp mark at the wheels) i'm not sure what the tq will be, but i'm sorry for my ignorance in this but i just wanna know who makes this spec clutch and where i can check the spec clutches out at? i think i may need a mild version of it (street and strip? i'm not sure, i need to read up on it) sorry again guys

thanks guys !!!

I'M RICK JAMES BITC#!!!!!!!!!!!!
B
bamf2go Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
guys, i need someone to drop some knowledge on me, i'm tryin to understand this convo here and it sounds like this spec clutch is cool but who is it by? is it by Clutch Masters or Unorthodox or something i see the Unorthodox has a stage one and two as well as Clutch Masters, but what are the hp/tq ratings on these Spec clutches? if i keep my car, i plan on runnin between 275-300 hp (3Lw/vortech, and MAYBE a 35-50dry shot from Nitrous Express just to hit the 300hp mark at the wheels) i'm not sure what the tq will be, but i'm sorry for my ignorance in this but i just wanna know who makes this spec clutch and where i can check the spec clutches out at? i think i may need a mild version of it (street and strip? i'm not sure, i need to read up on it) sorry again guys

thanks guys !!!

Jeez Luis...you have no right to be getting upset here my man. If you did a search for spec clutches in the forum or just went to the spec website (which you could find by typing in "Spec clutches" in a google search, than you'd have found everything you are asking for. Its not by clutchmasters or unorthodox, its by SPEC Inc., they are their own man. You can check them out at their companies website which I just provided and if you go to spmotorsports.com they provide plenty of information as well.

1998 black Contour SVT E0 -KKM Intake -B&M Short Shifter -SPARCO front strut tower bar -24mm Aussie rear sway bar
#653463 06/06/03 09:12 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by RogerB:
How do you arrive at a TQ rating? Is it how much the assembly is designed to take before slipping, or is there any consideration to long term fatigue stresses (if those are a factor)?

That's simple. By reading their website. Ba-dump-bump... Thank you I'll be here all week...

They said it was the max TQ the clutch could safely hold without affecting longevity.

IMO that means it's rated under it's "actual" max limit and trips above that "could" be done, but the clutch "may" slip which of course would shorten it's life.

Then take into account their Stage 1 clutch is rated at 290lb/ft (~265 at the wheels) and tell me how many people will ever surpass that level. Turbo'd cars come to mind as the only viable answer for regularly besting that number. Not even a S/C 3L comes close (the 1 to date anyway) and any NA car is well below it.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard