Originally posted by TourDeForce:

My only guesses would be:

1. The filter clogged because of the clutch wear, but I would expect he cleaned the entire thing out after putting in new clutch packs.
2. The seal thing again. Those $&*^#@ things can be tempermental & bind up during re-assembly.
3. The valve body may not be installed in the correct orientation and/or its seal is not in the correct orientation and/or the seating surface is no longer within spec.

I totally agree with Tours comments above. Clogged filter was the first thing that came to my mind.

Actually, here is a little exerpt from an article I ran across a few weeks back.

Some 1995 Contour, Probe and Mystique vehicles equipped with the CD4E (built from December 1994 through February 1995 with serial numbers 43350467 to 43370105 and 43410230 to 4320326) were assembled with oil pumps having incorrect mounting surfaces for the speed sensor on the pump assembly (See Figure 9, page 24). The turbine-shaft speed sensor also was modified to conform to the pump assembly. Mismatching and installing a regular speed sensor can cause contact with the speed-sensor rotor in the transaxle and damage both the rotor and the speed sensor.

To read the entire article, go here. Hope this article can at least give them something to think about anyway. It simple list common electrical faliures relating to the CD4E after rebuilds and their fixes. Why did I post a link to that? Like to keep the playing feild level. It really could be anything that is causeing the problems and even though I do agree with everything Tour listed, I just want to throw some ideas around in the electrical area. Like I said, maybe it will at least give them something to think about.

I really hope you can get this puppy straightened out! and like Tour said, I really wish I could be there too!! I am kinda sick that way ya know.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime