Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
hey everyone. my 98 Mystique has rear drum brakes. I would like to do a 4-wheel disc "big brake" upgrade, but was wondering what some of the best companies are (brembo, willwood, etc...), and if these kits would include everything i need to convert my rear drums to disc, or would i need to have a rear factory disc setup already to make the upgrade to the "big brake" possible. if thats the case, i could probably just use the stock rear disc setup from my 95 myst? my 98 is my show car and my 95 is my beater, would really like all-disc brakes on the 98.
thanks in advance for your help.
dean.

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I would take the rear brakes off the 95. If companys make a rear drum conversion it might be more expensive than just an upgrade.

Former owner: 1999 Contour SE Sport Current: 2000 Eclipse GT There are three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way! Isn't that just the wrong way? Yeah, but faster!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I do have 2 sets of Rear disk brakes. I haven't done my car yet.. first I am working on getting bigger rotors for the front... then I'll work on upgrading the rear.

click here

Oops.. I just noticed.. i didn't take pictures of the rear disks.... but they are there !!!

Anything is POSSIBLE... sowing the seeds of love"

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard