Had a very interesting conversation going with some of the guys over at fastcougar.com about torque convertors, as mentioned above.

Since some of what I am trying to accomplish in my rebuild is added performance along with stablity, the subject of Torque Convertors just fits right in.

Level 10's convertor page has a pretty good explination of how a TC works and a few of the differences between a stock convertor and a "high performance" convertor.

Why would I want to change out my stock convertor when it seems to be working just fine?

Well that is exactly what I was asking myself during this conversation. "rrncousarmy", a fastcougar.com member, was asking about higher stall speeds for his converter and was checking with several local shops and others to get a basic price of what it would cost to up his stall speed to around 3000. That price was around $500! I found out today, when looking through my manual that the stock stall speed for the Duratec is 2383 - 2805 and 2310 - 2730 for the Ztec! So we are already very close to the 3000 stall speed that most want to be at. Really gives you something to think about the next time that you read that almost all of Level 10's gains are from the TC!!

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime