Originally posted by offroadSVT:
Originally posted by bnoon:
If anyone thinks they have enough straight line traction, you're underpowered, and I feel sorry for you.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there

And I'm going to have to disagree with you

I'm with Brad on this topic 100%. 712's are nowhere near the level of a performance tire IMHO. The reason they last so damn long is because they might as well be made out of plastic! With my puny, underpowered SVT (mainly stock) I have problems with traction in both straightline and cornering techniques. I've put a ton of miles on these tires, driving them as hard as my stock diff will let me and they still have way too much tread left for the abuse they have taken. Not to mention the negative camber with my Koni's and GC's

Also, their wet handling is awful in comparison with other tires I have used. Just today our horribly wet and gloomy day made for a perfect example. On a road that was just wet, not soaked or flooded, my ABS kicked on during a just above average pressure braking situation. This is slowing down for a 20 mph corner while doing 35mph. I'm sorry, but this is way too scary for me, considering I wasn't even driving aggressively.