Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Rick

Here is a picture of my installed front caliper and rotor.

It looks the same as yours, so I would have to say that it was not installed upside down.

I would be interested to know how many bolts you received with your front kit. As I mentioned before, I only received 4 bolts and nuts with the front kit.

Here is a picture of all of the parts that came in my kit. You can clearly see only 4 large bolts in the front kit, not 8 as I was told were in the kit. You can also see how short the front lines are, the ones with the 90 degree fittings.

B
Learned patience the hard way
OP Offline
B
OK, the caliper appears to be in the right location. Remember though that the new front lines don't follow the same route as the old ones. They go with the line pointing towards the front og the car and then loop directly into the hole in the back side center of the caliper. Basically you bypass all the stuff on the strut now do to the new mounting location on the caliper for the line.

As far as hardware, I'll have to look at mine to verify what came with what since I don't have my car at work today.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Thanks Rick, for your input. Todd and I have been conversing via email today and we have come to an agreeable conclusion.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Have you determined if the E0 wheels will work?

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
B
OP Offline
B
Sorry, not yet. My race wheels are in storage at my parents farm. I should be picking them up in the next 2 weeks though to figure out any fittment issues.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Well it seems we're both after the same things except I'd like to use some E1's.

What is the difference in braking effectiveness between the 13" and 12.2" rotor kit? Both use the same caliper and pad; the larger diameter rotor will nominally increase torque and perhaps decrease temps and wear. But aren't we really splitting hairs here?

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
B
OP Offline
B
That was my feeling on the issue, but for specifics we'd need to get Todd to answer that one.

Rick

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
The larger rotor will increase brake torque but not enough to see any changes in stopping distances. What they will do is absorb more heat increase fade resistance.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I'm on AOL, and out of town so I don't want to open Excel to state the difference in torque but you're correct it is there. The % will remain unknown until I have time to pull it up.

The torque, while valuable, is still limited to the ability of the tire to use it however. The gains are also in the rotor mass and it's ability to manage heat. As we cannot likely fit thicker rotors (they don't do anything for torque) to get the mass up, we can go larger on the diameter to offset some of the increase in heat generated.

Talk it over and I'll get you some numbers if you want them on Sunday. I'm in Nazareth for two days.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
#620057 05/21/03 12:35 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Update for those wanting to know about fitment issues with stock E0 wheels. They will not fit without the addition of at least a 10MM spacer. I tried with a 5MM spacer on the car last night and the spokes don't clear the caliper. I've all ready installed longer studs on my front hubs, so I'm not too worried about it. I'll be getting some ordered today so I can run my race tires at the auto-x next weekend.

Rick

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard