Originally posted by Todd TCE:
The question of retaining clips threw me for a bit, but upon further look-see, the stock rubber hose has no retaining clip on a male/male hose so the Earl's hoses are the same.

I'll have to check the male/female ones and see what they show.

As per our email conversations, there are fittings with the stock and with Aeroquip SS lines to facilitate the clips. Here are a couple of pics.

Hey Rick (or anyone else that has this kit), I have a question for you. Do you recall what type, and how many of each, bolts and nuts used to fasten the front and rear caliper brackets? My kit only came with 4 bolts and lock nuts for the front, which needed 8 bolts and nuts. The rear kit came with 8 SS button head bolts and 4 lock nuts, which only needed 4 bolts and nuts. The stock rear bracket had to be fastened to the bracket extension using the stock torx bolts, then the SS bolts to hold the new bracket to the spindle.

On the front, there 4 large black hex head bolts/nuts used to fasten the front bracket to the spindle, but that's where the problem started. I was short 4 fasteners for the front. I had to use 4 of the SS button heads, left over from the rear kit, and supply my own locking nuts, to fasten the front caliper to the caliper bracket.

Now the next and more irritating part of the install was the Earl's brake lines. The front ones, and I don't care what length is claimed, were too short. During the install, we had to leave the hard lines off the body and dangling, to attach the new lines and caliper only. Needless to say, when the wheel was fully turned, the lines would stretch, pull on the hard lines, and also touch the tire. Not a good situation. I kept the Aeroquip lines on the car as these were already the correct length and had all the proper fittings.

On the rear, the lines were shorter than Aeroquip lines and the chassis end of the Earl's lines does not have the fitting to facilitate the fastening clip. I kept the Aeroquip lines, again, becuase they have the accomodations for the clip and are the correct length.

After the amount of $$$$ spent, I am pleased with the result, even though these problems existed with my kit.