Originally posted by ElKy:
jay, i did most of the yardwork yesterday, and will be finishing it up today.
so if you want to get the jet ski un-winterized, go right ahead.

if you could grab more of those lint free rags, that would be great

I had a change of plans today and I got the jet ski going today instead. I left un-treated gas in it all winter so I was nervous I'd have the daunting task of removing the exhasut system to gain access to take the carbs off for cleaning. Ski Doo tech manual estimates that job at 12 hours with 8 hours for access.

Lukily there was no problem with stale gas. The only problem was a dead battery. A day on the battery charger fixed that. It fired up after just 5 seconds of cranking after sitting for over 6 months.

Now all I have to do is wait till the resivor or the near by river warms up a little to take it out for its first ride of the season.

Looks like friday will be a day for a very much needed car cleaning. Its been months since the last time I gave it a cleaning.

I'll see what I can do for the lint free rags. I'll try to get the same kind as last time. Dupont Sontara wipes. If not them then I'll bring some clean room certified lint free wipes, these are actually made by a comapny based somewhere in MA.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson