Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
How about this "Tag"???

JSmith: "NECEG do-it-yourself-mechanical guru"??LOL!!!

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
How about this "Tag"???

JSmith: "NECEG do-it-yourself-mechanical guru"??LOL!!!

I like the tag but I'm going to pass on it since my technical knowledge of the car is less than that of others here on the site.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by brapple:

Also, Jay what do you think about changing the fluid in a car with 116k, should I even bother for the health of the trans, since it is pretty much fine except in cold weather. and what type of fluid do you suggest? i followed the Redline MTL thread before but never got an answer if it was good in high milage applications

By all means change the fluid. Changing the oil will carry away all the metallic particulates that have been building up and going into suspension with the oil. Not to mention the degredation of the oil's properties as a lubricant.

If you want to change the oil, but are reluctant to use a synthetic lubricant plus friction modifier because of the possibility of accelerating snchro wear then my suggestion is to drain the existing oil and re-fill with the same lubricant. Check the owner's manual to see what's recommended, I believe it is Mercron-DexronIII ATF. This way you are using the same lubricant that is currently in the car its just that what you put in will be nice and clean.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by JSmith:
Originally posted by brapple:

Also, Jay what do you think about changing the fluid in a car with 116k, should I even bother for the health of the trans, since it is pretty much fine except in cold weather. and what type of fluid do you suggest? i followed the Redline MTL thread before but never got an answer if it was good in high milage applications

By all means change the fluid. Changing the oil will carry away all the metallic particulates that have been building up and going into suspension with the oil. Not to mention the degredation of the oil's properties as a lubricant.

If you want to change the oil, but are reluctant to use a synthetic lubricant plus friction modifier because of the possibility of accelerating snchro wear then my suggestion is to drain the existing oil and re-fill with the same lubricant. Check the owner's manual to see what's recommended, I believe it is Mercron-DexronIII ATF. This way you are using the same lubricant that is currently in the car its just that what you put in will be nice and clean.

those are all very good points, thanks for the input. now I will have to see if I have time next week to pick up 3 qrts ( that is the right amount?)

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Get 3 quarts. It'll take about 2 1/2. It's fill to spill.

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Brapple, can you pick up some Redline Water Wetter (2 bottles) for me? I want to put some in the GM and the GL. Thanks man.

00 SVT Contour (1584) 04 F-350 XLT Sport V10 02 Honda Spirit 750 64 390 FE Big Block
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by CobraR:
Brapple, can you pick up some Redline Water Wetter (2 bottles) for me? I want to put some in the GM and the GL. Thanks man.

I will try to go out this weekend, iirc they were $8 a bottle

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
ElKy Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
if you dont mind, brian, could you pick me up a bttle too?

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I just picked up some watter wetter at Fortes performance parts in Burlington, MA...they had like 3 cases there!

$8 a bottle.

For Sale: 1998.5 Silver Frost SVT. Vortech supercharger, ShoShop Y Pipe, Borla catback, DMD, Spec Stage II clutch, Quaife LSD, B+M shifter, Ground control coilovers, Koni struts and much more. see classifieds....
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
I'd like a gallon of milk and a carton of eggs please

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard