Nyceboi I personally would probably shy away from a functional hood scoop mainly because of the whole water issue. I always thought hot air was better than no air because when the filter gets wet, you can almost guarantee a minimal air flow plus it's no good for the motor. Anyone reading and lost to my analogy, try taking a paper towel and sucking on it as you hold it open, you can still breath, now with that same paper towel, wet it and now try sucking on it, you'll soon catch my drift of where I'm coming from. If you live in very rainy environments like I do here in Hawaii you can bet to have a problem.

I've always said, and will stick to it, our best bet for a contour is not a hood scoop but vents to release heat, we're talking a ton of heat that'll escape through the vents and this will make some good power gains or at least keep the motor running at premium more consistantly. My suggestion is vents something like that on the Dodge Viper!! 2 seperate vents just off the center of the hood and wide and long enough to truly be funtional. I think trying to tackle the look of the Subaru WRX is insane, remember that scoop is there not for the intake but for the intercooler that sit atop the motor. You want water to hit the intercooler, that calls for a huge drop in intake temp. Anyway this is just my Opinion, I think it gets the point across though, well I hope........

I guess you can say I wouldn't be interested in the hood because of the scoop, I'm trying to stay semi low key, this hood just says come and get me

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com