Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I was just thinking, how come we never do pre-98 stuff first? Kinda unfair to all of us who have to wait 2-3 extra months every time. Age before beauty. (although ours are more beautiful) ;-)

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by 97CS:
I was just thinking, how come we never do pre-98 stuff first? Kinda unfair to all of us who have to wait 2-3 extra months every time. Age before beauty. (although ours are more beautiful) ;-)

Well, I'm sure if you started something, naturally you'd do a pre98 first. So when someone with a post98 starts something, pre98'ers have to wait.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I'm very interested.
Any idea on the price range to get the hood painted???

98 SVT E0 T-Red E1 engine resonator removed K&N w/ MAF adapter 20% tint Ford Trans. cocktail Ford 9mm Racing Wires DMD
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by nyceboi:
Originally posted by DocSVT:
intrested, but how much will the whole kit be?

What do you consider the whole kit? If you mean the c27 kit (the Group Buy is over for this) $650, hood $350, widebody $425

You're looking at $1425 plus shipping (GB Price)

ok im lost, youll have to forgive me, i just started looking at these kits of yours(and i must say, so far, im really imprest with you guys) but what is the differnce in the c27 and the widebody? feel free to email me if you prefer.

98 SVT, silver frost, with blue graphics.
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
c27 = the kit Hellahydro (Terry) put together for us with Kaotic Innovations (the kit on my car)
c27.w = Kaotic's widebody for the c27 kit
v1 or v1 hood = Kaotic's first hood for the Contour

I want to use these terms to describe the kit since it's easier for me to differenciate the kits (as opposed to 98+ kit, post-98, hella's kit..etc...) I think c27 works better and is easier to communicate.

So to answer your question - the c27 kit is a 4 peice kit is the kit Terry started. It includeds the front bumper cover, rear bumper and sideskirts.

The c27.w is the 8 piece widebody kit that is an option that goes with the c27 kit. The c27.w is currently only available to those in the original group buy (just like the c27 kit itself) at a discount. The 8 pieces include - replacement front fenders (2), front bumper piece (2), passenger side door piece (2), rear piece (2), bumper cover pieces (2). All peices can be bolted on or molded.

The v1 is independent of the c27 or c27.w. It is a fiberglass hood w/scoop.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Nyceboi I personally would probably shy away from a functional hood scoop mainly because of the whole water issue. I always thought hot air was better than no air because when the filter gets wet, you can almost guarantee a minimal air flow plus it's no good for the motor. Anyone reading and lost to my analogy, try taking a paper towel and sucking on it as you hold it open, you can still breath, now with that same paper towel, wet it and now try sucking on it, you'll soon catch my drift of where I'm coming from. If you live in very rainy environments like I do here in Hawaii you can bet to have a problem.

I've always said, and will stick to it, our best bet for a contour is not a hood scoop but vents to release heat, we're talking a ton of heat that'll escape through the vents and this will make some good power gains or at least keep the motor running at premium more consistantly. My suggestion is vents something like that on the Dodge Viper!! 2 seperate vents just off the center of the hood and wide and long enough to truly be funtional. I think trying to tackle the look of the Subaru WRX is insane, remember that scoop is there not for the intake but for the intercooler that sit atop the motor. You want water to hit the intercooler, that calls for a huge drop in intake temp. Anyway this is just my Opinion, I think it gets the point across though, well I hope........

I guess you can say I wouldn't be interested in the hood because of the scoop, I'm trying to stay semi low key, this hood just says come and get me

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
So I take it..you're not interested.

My car will never be low key any more

The hood scoop above all else is a look thing. I am taking your suggestion into consideration since orginally I was looking into the f50 stlye vents (the one on the red mondeo I showed a while back). I do like the design of the hood scoop and I think it really adds to the apperance of my SVT plus I live in sunny California - for those who do live in those kinds of climates will have the option of switching out hoods back to stock just like they do tires.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I guess living in California would take away the low key designation any how!!

I do agree that it looks good but my point basically boils down to functionality of the unit. Which one is more beneficial for most CEG'ers and since we haven't seen a vented hood (I like the F50 style vents too ) I think it's just another look that makes us go Hmmmmmm! I guess if most people that respond would rather have the hood scoop than there's no contesting that but again I think my argument is more than ligitemate considering you folks have the means and are actually producing aftermarket hoods.

Anyway it's just input

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
VERY VERY VERY Interested! I will buy a hood and a kit later on if a GB is available then. I'll get with you by the dealine for the $150. Where do I send the money? When this info is available, if you can, please email me @ SVTDriver03@yahoo.com If not, then i'll keep in touch with this thread to see if the info is available. Lovely!

SVT Driver

*Invisible Hero* 1999 SVT Contour/Amazon Green Keep It Real. Beware the fury of the silent man.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Interested

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard