Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
You guys are starting to make me think I need to swap out my bearings before its to late. Damn you all! I finally left my car alone. Now I wanna tear into it. heheh

00 Black SVT #1545 Ground Control. Koni. 18 Konig Tantrum. More.
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Woah, talk about a PITA! The rear exhaust manifold removal is grewsome to say the least. I took nothing off to get it out of my way as I was suppossed to......but I did get it off quicker I went through a grinding stone so far "cleaning up" the inlet area where the flange meets the manifold material and the middle seem. This should be a good gain added to the gutting Now to make up some radio shack MILs

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Well my SVT won't be ready for a meet this week or next week. I'm going to rebuild the entire bottom end (Since the Ford service cd show's how while in car....I'll do it ) and add a DMD to see how long I can make this engine last. I want to take my time putting my "swap" together with all the right parts to start with, so I'm going to need to make this 2.5L last.

I noticed my steering rack was about to pop off because retaining bolts were about to come right out like someone got them in finger tight and called it good and they have been working themsleves free ever since. All of the heat shielding and a bunch of brackets were never bolted back up either, so they've been rattling around loose/wired!! (DAMN Phantom Motorsports!!!! ) My ball joints and main drive belt are pretty bad to top it all off. I also had to switch back to my old Bosch spark plug wires because one of my FOMOCO's pulled apart as i was gently pulling it off the spark plug So I'm fixing this other crap and de-greasing everything (damn CV axel!!) while I've got it all torn apart.

I'll call you in a bit Dave, they never put in the SO for my bearings.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
BAH! I might be putting all of this off until I get my HMS transmission to install. I have to yank the engine then anyways........that's a month away

Yep....just have to get my garage ready and I'll start tearing it apart.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard