Originally posted by TheMark:
Just curious. I was under the impression that the HS Focus came stock with 15" wheels. Did you just mount the wheel/tire combo you normally use for your 'tour on there to see what would happen?

Actually they come with 15's or 16's depends on if you selected that option on the car. Yes I did bolt up the wheels from my Contour so the car wasn't exactly HS legal, but this was at a local event. I do have a friend though that runs 225's on his 6" stock Focus wheels so the handling characteristics between a 6.5" wheel with 225's and a 6" wheel with 225's isn't all that far off. That might be good for 1/10th or a second or so. I actually was probably giving up a little time do to the fact I was using 225/50/16's making the gearing worse and the wheel weight even more. My friend runs 225/50/15's when he runs so they were 1" shorter and the wheels are 5lbs lighter a piece.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph