Originally posted by Qbert:
Well this past weekend I had the pleasure of autoxing my friends '01 Focus in HS. It was bone stock and we had 225/50/16 Kumho Vicotoracers all the way around on it. The Focus was incredibly fun to drive. Point it where you want it to go and it follows. The car transitions incredibly well and would absolutely embarass the Contour in a slolom. The transmission felt great, I love the MTX-75 for autoxing anyway because it drops into 1st gear so incredibly easily.

I have not experienced either in autocross but one thing that bothers me about the regular ZX3 (not FSVT..have not tried it) is the high center of gravity...its tippy! It is a couple of inchs taller than a Tour IIRC and you feel it. Steering is nice though, though not clear better than CSVT. This is a perceptual thing and it may get around a tight course faster because it weighs less but I was not fond of the minivan center of gravity.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)