OK...just did this job yesterday and it tried to [censored] me in the ass. The sensor would NOT come out. I ended up breaking it in the attempt...and then breaking it....and breaking it....and breaking it...until all that was left was mostly either flush with the trans case or slightly recessed. I tried drilling it out...no dice, the metal's too hard. So I drilled around it in several places in an attempt to loosen it. Nope. Inserted some deck screws into the hole to try and pull it out by them. Nope. It would spin but not come out. But it would push in! I was afraid of pushing it too far and never getting it out. Needle-nose pliers wouldn't grip it. Finally I got them inserted as far as they'd go, clamped vice grips onto the needle-noses, and FINALLY it came out. So a 20-minute job turned into 2 hours. But it appears to have worked.

Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6 â??98 GTP, light mods, 14.66/94 Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101 Crown Autocross Club 1999 Street Tire Champion, 2000/2001/2002 Street Modified Champion KCR SCCA 2002 Solo II Street Modified Champion