i was not at all impressed with the Rev-It-Up event nor the Mazda 6.

the event was really poorly organized. too much lag time in between drives, the lines were WAY too long, and NO FREE FOOD! i expected to at least get a sandwich and coke with my $30 entry fee. i thought it was a real rip off. and they were such azzholes at the test drive tent where they had the MazdaSpeed Protege and the Miata. only 1 of each car and "no squealing the tires or you'll be asked to leave." what a bunch of crap!

i have gone to a number of similar driving events: Volvo, Saab, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes, GM...and this was by far the worst.

and the car was not that impressive either. the more i look at them, the less i like the styling. even with the Eibachs and sticky tires, i thought the car was squishy. the automatic tranny sucks big time. throttle response was very slow and the tiptronic shifter was worse than just living it in "D". the manual tranny is definitely the way to go with this car.

one high point was being able to see, hear, and play with the RX8. other than that, it was a true waste of a nice sunday morning.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO