Originally posted by ssmumich00:
Dude, you can't be serious?!!!!

Those 6s's are NUTZ. The race prepped ones. I had an awesome time, I'm even considering the RX-8 as the CSVT's replacement!

The race prepped ones had a bosal exhaust, some intake tinkering (that's all they told me), and had eibach springs. There was body roll, but believe you me, those Falken Azeni Sports helped HUG the track. I thought the steering was far more precise and solid than what we have on the CSVT, and felt comparable to a 330i I drove not too long ago.

You should go, just because it's $39 and you can beat the crap out of their cars. I test drove a ProtegeSpeed, a Miata LS, and though underpowered, I liked the 6 speed gear box on the miata.

The RX'8's on display were awesome, nicely done interiors, great engine, defintley race inspired engine+suspension. . .

I don't know about your car, but my CSVT with the H&R's, Koni's, Stiffened suspension and chassis, will run circles around that car in an auto-x. I am very unimpressed with cars that lean too much. It still feels like a fancified grocery getter to me. Maybe by the time I did the stuff to it that I have done to my car I would love it. But, it needs some grunt and some stiffening bad!

However, I do agree that the Miata is a nice package, but can't by/buy the RX-8, because of no torque, especially low-end. Go drive an EVO VIII, and you will see what a true high performance sport sedan is all about, That car at $30,000 is the best damned deal in performance autos right now. When the Subaru STi comes out, that may change. But right now the EVO will hang with a 911 Porsche that cost $80,00 plus, and hands down stomp a Boxster S!!

Jim

98.5 SVT, Vortech SC, Bassani, Quaiffe, Clutchmasters Stg. 3, H&R's/Konis, BAT 22mm Sway Bar, 17" Momo Arrows, Michelin Pilot Sports, Sparco Front Brace, HPP Rear Brace, PIAA fogs & headlights.