Yeah, I thought life was good for awhile. That repair was for my contour, and the problem now is on my mystique, but the problems are similar.

What Ford did was to install a secondary inline resistor, right next to the fan. They didn't replace the one in the fan shroud. I still haven't figured out how they were getting the current to the inline resistor, but they apparently re-routed the wiring somehow. Well, after a short while, the inline resistor burned out, and Ford installed another one, which also burned out. I don't know what kind of resistor they were using, but it had a very short life expectancy, so I'm now trying to replace the original one.

On my last trip to Ford, they removed the inline resistors, and returned the wiring to its original routing, which means the current is now channeled to the dead resistor.

I checked the part number, and it shows it is for a 2.0 liter 1999 - 2002, or a 2.5 liter 1995 - 2000, both of which I believe had the dual fans. Mine has the single fan, with two speeds, but maybe the resistor will still work. It's worth a shot.

Thanks.

Last edited by bentleywarren; 07/28/03 04:22 PM.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6