Originally posted by revrev:
I've been thinking about adding the bypass filter to the 'tour. It looks to me that if I were to move the battery to the trunk, I could put the dual filter unit from Amsoil where the battery used to be. Also would mean that I could change the oil without getting oil all over the front manifold. I can't really see any other place to mount it in the engine bay with a duratec.

My wife is making noises about driving her Tracer another 100K or more. If that be the case, I will probably put one on the Tracer also. I think I can find a place for the filter easier in her car.

Yeah, you've hit upon -- and possibly solved -- the one, itty-bitty problem about a by-pass filter install into the Duratec engine compartment: the itty-bitty amount of available room in the engine compartment to add the amazing-but-bulky damn thing.

Good thing for everyone watching this thread that you're so damn inventive, determined ... and married! Like has often been said, behind every savvy man, there's an equally savvy woman who knows her girlie car has a more roomy engine compartment just begging for an easy mod or two ...

Say "Amen", somebody!

Make sure you negotiate the quid-pro-quo in such a way that, in exchange for extending the lifespan of her (test) car (you sly dog) by installing the by-pass, she will buy you a digital camera, so you can photo-document your creative by-pass installations for the benefit of the rest of us!