Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I definately understand where your coming from with that.

I just don't personally drive 0-60 that often. I guess you do that alot. I would probably drive something else if I were aiming for killer 0-60 times (like an SRT-4 )

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I got a question flecha, how would you hook up a 1.9 0-60 in an svt? I'm still in my centerforce breakin period so I haven't got to launch with the centerforce/fidanza/quaife yet (although I'm dying to). My biggest problem has been my driveline and wheelhop, did you put weights on your control arms or something??? By the way if you've accually acheived that time in your contour... mad props

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
those times are just to make a point, not real times, just pulled them off my head.

also it isn't just about 0-60.. the same point can be made from 5-60 60-100 mph is irrelavant, it's how fast you get THROUGH the duratec's powerband is what's important.

Eric

wheel hop can be reduced my motor mount inserts/replace stock stab shock with something like a performance fords one, although it will create some additional vibrations but will help a lot with wheel hop.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I did figure that the 1.9 was just a number, but hey it never hurts to dream right? I have the energy suspension inserts and I had no idea that the stab o shock could be improved, I always thought it to be kind of wierd little thing to have there anyways.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
if you have wheel hop issues I recommend the performance fords Street Link torque brace.

http://www.performancefords.com/products/suspension/tb.html

eric

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:
No offense Lance but comparing an SVT flywheel to a Fidanza is like comparing a 03 cobra to a SVT contour power wise..no comparison. I am confident you didn't notice as much power loss as I did just because of that..svt flywheel compared to a 9lb Fidanza.

Eric

Sorry, not trying to Hijack thread, but i thought they only made the Fidanza'a in 11.6 pound weight(thats mine)??? If they come in 9 lbs, where did you get it cause i want one.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:
No offense Lance but comparing an SVT flywheel to a Fidanza is like comparing a 03 cobra to a SVT contour power wise..no comparison. I am confident you didn't notice as much power loss as I did just because of that..svt flywheel compared to a 9lb Fidanza.

Eric

Sorry, not trying to Hijack thread, but i thought they only made the Fidanza'a in 11.6 pound weight(thats mine)??? If they come in 9 lbs, where did you get it cause i want one.

Roz

Mine too, but it is a rather moot (sp) point. Thanks for the link by the way, I'll be picking up one of those shortly.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
where did you get 11.6? I weighed mine and others I sell..

first the total shipment included in box is under 10lbs.. then I weighed mine and other on a

special calibrated Mettler Toledo scale. I work where we have to count parts that weigh less than you can imagine.

eric

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I got it off the SP motorsports website where if give the description it says 11.6 pounds.....i never got a chance to actually weight it becaue i needed my car back (blew diff)asap.....Then again the website doesn;t state weather its "shipping weight" or product weight.

Roz

EDIT: Here is the link to the site
http://www.spmotorsports.com/contour_driveline_flywheels.html

Last edited by Roz 1999 SVT-C; 04/03/03 04:12 PM.

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
ooh..lol.. do ever go by that stuff, just like H/R's basically states according to "their" numbers that they'll lower your car like 1.6" or something in the rear and it doesn't even come close.

I've sold my share of fidanza's and I know exactly what they weigh.

eric

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard