Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
No problem. I do understand that it would be harder to go from UDP to DMD, rather than stock to DMD. Hopefully, you'll have no probs. Heck, if MY engine blows with the DMD then I'll get a UDP!!

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by --CitatioN10--:

Just like with a girl , might be nice to wear protection ?!
BUT you all konw its a heck of a lot better without !

Worrrrrrrrrrd.... haha! Hillarious.

99 T-Red SVT ***Intrax, Bilsteins, Azenis, Offroad Y, CAI, Tint, Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom Grilles, Poly Mounts, Silverstar Bulbs, 100W Ion Fogs, Focus SVT Wheels, SHO UDP, Ford Racing Wires ***
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
I went from the ASP UDP to DMD, and I would never say the DMD is crap!

The engine spools up a little slower, but not much. I have an SVT flywheel, so I have experienced he difference when going to a UDP and going to a lighter flywheel.

Personally, I was sick of the vibrations. I got the DMD for NVH reasons, but if it extends engine life, bonus. I am very happy with how much smoother the engine feels.

I ran a UDP for 43K, no problems.

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Im selling my DMD if anyone wants it !

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

I hope you crank walk!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Mapitazifosho:

I hope you crank walk!

It's not a 2nd gen DSM.

We suffer from severe crank whip.
Also the crank whips all the time on every engine. Ours is just prone to do it more violently because the engine was shortened (and subsequently the crank as well) after it was designed. (thanks Ford )

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
I went from the ASP UDP to DMD, and I would never say the DMD is crap!

The engine spools up a little slower, but not much. I have an SVT flywheel, so I have experienced he difference when going to a UDP and going to a lighter flywheel.

Personally, I was sick of the vibrations. I got the DMD for NVH reasons, but if it extends engine life, bonus. I am very happy with how much smoother the engine feels.

I ran a UDP for 43K, no problems.

-Lance

So you did it, Lance.
Do you think your UDP made the NVH worse when you had it? Because I remember you saying how you really felt it through the pedals when you're up at 6k+ rpms.

DMD for me is peace of mind.

- Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
No offense Lance but comparing an SVT flywheel to a Fidanza is like comparing a 03 cobra to a SVT contour power wise..no comparison. I am confident you didn't notice as much power loss as I did just because of that..svt flywheel compared to a 9lb Fidanza.

Eric

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Now when you keep refering to power loss do you mean actual power loss or do you mean it simply revs up to where you want slower?

Once your up to full revs do you feel you still have lost power or did it simply take you longer to get to full revs?

My limited knowledge of engine physics would lead me to think the crank pulley would rev slower initially due to the extra mass but once up to higher revs the extra mass would tend to keep the it spinning easier and smoother.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Now when you keep refering to power loss do you mean actual power loss or do you mean it simply revs up to where you want slower?

Once your up to full revs do you feel you still have lost power or did it simply take you longer to get to full revs?

Let me ask you this..

0-60 if you get to the SVT sweet spot in 2.9 sec(example)

0-60 you get to the SVT sweet spot in 1.9 sec(example)

which one do you think would provide a better time?

Eric

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard