Lift is the only thing we can change if we end up with only a regrind for an option. We are also very limited in how much we change them because of a pre-existing hardened 'skin'. We can only grind so much before we cut through the hardened skin into the softer metal underneath. If that happens, we cannot re-heat treat them as it would make them extremely brittle. If we end up running the cams without knowing the skin has been penetrated they will wear out pretty quick and begin to "custom mill themselves" to various profiles until you ran into problems with valve to piston clearance, ect. Not fun if that crap happened to a fresh 3L Hybrid!!!! Sure that's one of many worst case situations that could happen if things went wrong.

From what I understand, we have to get them CNC machined. Once we know for sure how much room we have to play with on the skin, then it's on for the re-grind! I do have an extra set of SVT cams that I bought specific+ly for this purpose, so I won't need anyone to give anything up. If anyone has anything to loose it's me as they'd be the sacrifice if things go wrong.

Keep in mind, if we have new cams actually built it's gonna be around the 1750-2500 range IMO. New SVT cams are 1200+ new, so think about what you'd be getting for the money.

The quest for cam producers is leading to a bunch of dead ends, so it's really looking like Kinetics or Leo Capaldi is our best bet. I have a few more people to call/pester, so it's not down to them yet. I'll post when something turns up. Something will come of this GB....count on it!

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone