Timer module snaps into underside of interior fuse panel (before it's flipped down). It's a 20 terminal device with no internal details provided in wiring diags.
I'm loath to recommend replacement without further confirmation testing since recently 2 members I've assisted have diagnosed similar problems and found what appears to be bad connections either to or within the interior fuse panel. Again, no details of panel provided in Ford wiring diags.
I have 2 cars so substitution of suspected components easy to try at n/c. Believe module is about $40 which is a little much to spend on spec.

Here's a quick test to try:
Ignition off, press and hold defrost switch. Turn ignition to on and then release defrost switch. Move w/s wiper to intermittent position then;
press and release defrost switch - wipers should work.
Press and release defrost switch twice- defrost indicator light should come on.
Press and release defrost switch twice- interior lights should come on.
Press and release defrost switch twice- seat belt warning light should activate.
Press and release defrost switch
End of test,ignition off, restore wipers and re-post results.

Edit: twice added.

I suspect that defrost light will not come on. If so, then pull relay and check relay socket for volts between terminal 2 and ground and 3 and ground. Normal operation both should be 12 volts. I suspect you will get 12 and zero.

Last edited by horseydug; 04/02/03 02:31 AM.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km