Originally posted by ghodge:
SVTCuervo,

Also count me as one whose y-pipe fit was not perfect. It took some considerable pry bar persuasion to get it in.

True ... The rear exhaust manifold mated up perfectly but then the pipe for the front was about a half inch too short. i dont quite care to remember exactly how i got it to fit, but i did, and its leaking somewhere... probably at that front part. It sucks they didnt include the hardware for the front flange, because i came up with the bright idea to start the project at my friends house Wednesday evening and unable to go buy proper hardware i had to cloodge it up pretty bad. You cannot use the old studs, since they remove with the flange attached to the stock Y, duh
They only supply you with what is needed to piece the removable cat to the y, and what was shipped wasnt even usable. Just making sure DIY'ers buy a complete fresh set of new stainless 15mm hardware with thick washers. The ones packaged were 2 bolts, 2 nuts and 2 thin thin washers that crushed at the lightest touch and no lock washers.

That being said,

The thing weighs Nothing in comparison to the whole stock unit, and visually side by side its obvious that what youre putting up flows drastically better than the stock setup... evein with the chunky bend IMO.

im not sure if it changed the sound of the car much. I think it does but i cant pinpoint it since its still leaking (till tomorrow).

undeniable improvment in performance. I did NOT reset my ECU. Much more sub-3.5k rpm torque and much stronger throughout the rest. It makes me wish I had SVT cams cuz i can really feel now when the normal ones run out of power at like 6.1k. On the motor I had an intake, catback and then most recently the SVT Uim/Tb and this is yeilding much more than what the svt parts did.

All in all im happy. I feel more proud about my accomplishment experiences between me and my car, and its been so long since i ordered it doesnt really feel like I spent $300

(Roush/Bilstein/B&M/K&N/SVT/Magnecore/EBC/Mintex/Brullen /TruBendz/Kumho/AMSOil/Speedhut/Llumar/Silverstar /Visteon/Eurolite/Sony/Rockford fosgate/Kenwood /MBQuart/PBX/KnuKonceptz)