Print Thread
Page 39 of 41 1 2 37 38 39 40 41
#585146 09/11/03 05:13 AM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
SVTCuervo,

Also count me as one whose y-pipe fit was not perfect. It took some considerable pry bar persuasion to get it in.

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
#585147 09/11/03 07:24 AM
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by ghodge:
SVTCuervo,

Also count me as one whose y-pipe fit was not perfect. It took some considerable pry bar persuasion to get it in.

True ... The rear exhaust manifold mated up perfectly but then the pipe for the front was about a half inch too short. i dont quite care to remember exactly how i got it to fit, but i did, and its leaking somewhere... probably at that front part. It sucks they didnt include the hardware for the front flange, because i came up with the bright idea to start the project at my friends house Wednesday evening and unable to go buy proper hardware i had to cloodge it up pretty bad. You cannot use the old studs, since they remove with the flange attached to the stock Y, duh
They only supply you with what is needed to piece the removable cat to the y, and what was shipped wasnt even usable. Just making sure DIY'ers buy a complete fresh set of new stainless 15mm hardware with thick washers. The ones packaged were 2 bolts, 2 nuts and 2 thin thin washers that crushed at the lightest touch and no lock washers.

That being said,

The thing weighs Nothing in comparison to the whole stock unit, and visually side by side its obvious that what youre putting up flows drastically better than the stock setup... evein with the chunky bend IMO.

im not sure if it changed the sound of the car much. I think it does but i cant pinpoint it since its still leaking (till tomorrow).

undeniable improvment in performance. I did NOT reset my ECU. Much more sub-3.5k rpm torque and much stronger throughout the rest. It makes me wish I had SVT cams cuz i can really feel now when the normal ones run out of power at like 6.1k. On the motor I had an intake, catback and then most recently the SVT Uim/Tb and this is yeilding much more than what the svt parts did.

All in all im happy. I feel more proud about my accomplishment experiences between me and my car, and its been so long since i ordered it doesnt really feel like I spent $300

(Roush/Bilstein/B&M/K&N/SVT/Magnecore/EBC/Mintex/Brullen /TruBendz/Kumho/AMSOil/Speedhut/Llumar/Silverstar /Visteon/Eurolite/Sony/Rockford fosgate/Kenwood /MBQuart/PBX/KnuKonceptz)
#585148 09/11/03 08:43 AM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
it sounds like neilscougar had the same problem as me. but i am not willing to pry it into place. it is rubbing on some steel lines, i think coolant lines, and i think they might be in the way for my misaligned one to fit...i will contact brullen by email, then by phone, and see what they have to offer. the hardware thing sucks too. not only did i spend 7.00 on bolts that i can not use, but i am spending 33 dollars on a stock bolt that was stripped in the process of getting it off. it is the bolt that goes from the y to the cat with the whole spring and pin assembly. 33 bux, and that is with a discount! This whole thing is starting to jerk me. Nothing aimed at SVTCuervo of course, he has helped me as much as he can by now.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
#585149 09/12/03 04:32 AM
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Has anyone used header wrap for the y part of the pipe? Is it necessary or beneficial?

06 Mustang GT - stock 96 SE V6 5spd Midnight Red - 15.9 @ 86.8 150K miles Mods: Bilstein struts, H&R springs, Borla Cat-Back, Brullen y-pipe, Gutted Precats, SVT UIM+LIM+TB, K&N FIPK, , DMD, Magnecor KV85
#585150 09/12/03 10:45 PM
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
dont really see how it would help, the piping is farther away from the oil pan than the exhaust manifolds

(Roush/Bilstein/B&M/K&N/SVT/Magnecore/EBC/Mintex/Brullen /TruBendz/Kumho/AMSOil/Speedhut/Llumar/Silverstar /Visteon/Eurolite/Sony/Rockford fosgate/Kenwood /MBQuart/PBX/KnuKonceptz)
#585151 09/14/03 02:31 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Y-Pipe is installed. I am glad I didn't attempt it myself because the guy at the shop said it was a pain for him and he had access to a lift and power tools. He had to heat the front studs to get the nuts off. Anyway....

Very noticeable gains. I would say I can feel the difference even more so than the cat back. The low end torque that was lost with the cat back has been restored and then some. The car also pulls harder throughout the rev range. It will be interesting to see what the dyno god says..

Sound is deeper and has more burble to it. I think it sounds nice, but it is on the loud side. I have had a lot of people snap their head around at WOT.

Great performance value for the money. The only thing I don't like is the pieced together bank.

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
#585152 09/14/03 10:47 PM
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Add me to the list of people with fitment issues. I think I have the same problem as JohnnySVT. If I attach it to the front manifold the rear is off by about 1" and the 180° segment is resting on the oil pan plug bolt. If I install the back first, the front part is resting tightly against the front of the oil pan.

Honestly, I am not suprised. It seems you are in the minority if your pipe is a direct swap, no probs. So now I am going to have to go to a shop first thing monday morning, spend more money, and see if they can get it too fit. I hope I don't get an exhaust ticket on the way over (no exhaust past to stock manifolds = very loud).

SVTCuervo, will I be reimbursed for having to go to a shop to make this fit?

06 Mustang GT - stock 96 SE V6 5spd Midnight Red - 15.9 @ 86.8 150K miles Mods: Bilstein struts, H&R springs, Borla Cat-Back, Brullen y-pipe, Gutted Precats, SVT UIM+LIM+TB, K&N FIPK, , DMD, Magnecor KV85
#585153 09/14/03 11:04 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by NJE96SE:
Add me to the list of people with fitment issues. I think I have the same problem as JohnnySVT. If I attach it to the front manifold the rear is off by about 1" and the 180° segment is resting on the oil pan plug bolt. If I install the back first, the front part is resting tightly against the front of the oil pan.

Honestly, I am not suprised. It seems you are in the minority if your pipe is a direct swap, no probs. So now I am going to have to go to a shop first thing monday morning, spend more money, and see if they can get it too fit. I hope I don't get an exhaust ticket on the way over (no exhaust past to stock manifolds = very loud).

SVTCuervo, will I be reimbursed for having to go to a shop to make this fit?

Guys you will have to talk to Brullen and Alessondro. I've tried to contact Brullen and Alex with no luck for the past couple of weeks, but I've been very busy as well. From the pics of some of ya'll pipes, i see that the U-bend is too square. It looks nothing like the first couple of batches of pipes that went out. I'll have some free time tommorow and try to get ahold of Brullen to see what they will do to fix this problem. I hope this works out well for ya'll and I'm happy to hear that some of you could fit the pipes and how ya'll liked the power gains as I did.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
#585154 09/16/03 03:41 PM
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
So after trying to install the y-pipe myself and finding it did not fit, I brought it to a shop and explained the problem. The service guy told me that if it does not line up just right, then it won't work. He would not try to pry it into place. Basically he told me it was a defective part if it did not line up.

I just looked at Brullen's website. It says quality materials combined with "continuous quality control inspections, provides products which surpass the expectations of our customers." My expectations have not been met, not even close. I hope they will stand behind their product and provide me with a solution. Refund or new product. In the mean time, my car sounds like crap because there are exhaust leaks caused by removing the old stuff.

Needless to say, I am very frustrated.

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Ugh. Brullen's batting 0 for two in group buys

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
Page 39 of 41 1 2 37 38 39 40 41

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard