Print Thread
Page 33 of 41 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 40 41
#585086 07/24/03 06:39 PM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
SVTCuervo,

Any word on difference in sound/drone with your new Y-pipe?

Thanks

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
#585087 07/25/03 06:30 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ghodge:
SVTCuervo,

Any word on difference in sound/drone with your new Y-pipe?

Thanks

I have the Brullen Quiet Cat-Back and I i experienced a deepeer(not loader) but more refined sound. In other words, when taking off it sounds like a 8 made by god himself. I didn't expeiernce any DRONE or RASP as the equal lengthing eleminates ALL of that. It sounds AWESOME

But I've been in steady contact with Brullen everyday, and they have decided to knock all the pipes out ASAP. Many are in the mail, and the rest are comming right behind. Thanks and I'll be personally calling everyone ,who I haven't already, with you there tracking #'s. Thanks

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
#585088 07/29/03 11:55 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
A shipment update for today, SVTCuervo?

Also, I'm looking for DEFINITIVE parts numbers for a Magnaflow resonator (regular 'Tour, no-SVT). I got the numbers below while searching the archives.

The SVT piping is 2.25" at that location; is the size the same for an SE, or is is smaller?

Magnaflow resonator 14415 has 2.25" inlet and outlet with a 2.5" core.
Magnaflow resonator 14414 has a 2" inlet and outlet with a 2.5" core.

Also, while looking at the resonator yesterday, it looks to be offset, while the above Magnaflow pieces are straight.

The archives also referenced a #12254 (2.0in) and #12255 (2.25in); these pieces are offset.

Any help, advice, suggestions, etc., is appreciated.
I need to order this ASAP.
Thanks in advance, folks.

1999 Silver SE, MTX K+N, Magnecor 8mm Brullen Y-Pipe BAT struts and brakes Sony X-Plode, Cerwin-Vega Some little stuff (tint, cupholder, cargo net, etc.)
#585089 07/30/03 06:10 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Update:

several shipped today, and I called them with their Tracking #'s. WE are almost done and if you havn't been you will be VERY soon. I apalogize for the wait guys, but since we decided to extend the Group Buy for Cougar guys it had to take longer. I never intended for the Group Buy to last this long and I can assure you my future Group Buys will not excede their dead lines. But its almost done and I'm very happy with the result people are getting. You'll know it was worth the wait when you install it. Thanks

#585090 07/31/03 08:13 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Ummmmm.... I don't want to miss the "call" for my tracking number, so are you just going to PM. I don't remember giving my number....But if I did, cool. any clue on where we are on shipping? every post is several shipped, but how many is several? and how many times can you ship several until you get to about 20....sorry, not being an ass. just asking, because a month ago it was "all ship this week" and a month later....thanx.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
#585091 08/01/03 01:45 AM
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
same here. i'm kinda impatient about mine. i don't remember giving anyone my number either. can you just pm me my tracking number when it is sent?

__________________ 99 DT Green Cougar
#585092 08/01/03 02:25 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Guys you have to understand I've done everything in my power to get these pipes out. I've called Brullen every single day for updates. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a great product, but the production time is not what I wanted. I had no idea it would take this long to get these out, but you can be sure I'm up their A$$ every day to hurry it up. This is a great product, but it seem to be very busy at Brullen right know. I'm not making any excuses. And I'll contact ya'll one way or another when I have your personal Tracking #. Again I apoplogize for this. THanks

#585093 08/01/03 03:13 AM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
After almost a week after having my Brullen Y-pipe installed,
I'd like to relate my experiences,opinions,etc.

1) Power gains - The butt meter definitely registers an increase in torque throughout the rev range. The pipe is definitely well worth it for this reason in my opinion.

2) Sound - For me I experience some rasp when the car is first started and goes away within a couple of seconds. Definitely no drone at highway speeds. From the outside, the exhaust sounds slightly deeper to me. Besides the Y-pipe, my exhaust is stock.

3) Fit - the guy that installed mine had problems getting the pipe to line up correctly with the precats. We actually had to use a big pry bar to get things lined up so we could install the bolts. Although SVTCuervo's fit fine, I'm glad I didn't try to install it myself without a lift. To me it was well worth the $55 I paid to have it installed. Another issue was the nuts and bolts supplied with the pipe. While nice that they were stainless steel, the nuts wouldn't tighten very far on the bolts, even with airtools so we had to use another set.

4) Finish - I was not expecting the pipe to come painted and I was pleasantly suprised by the flat black color. We'll see how long it takes before things start getting rusty.

5) Misc comment - For a while, I would get the smell of burning plastic coming from underneath the car and at one point, I thought I saw smoke. I didn't know if maybe the slack in the O2 sensor wire had come loose and was touching the Y-pipe or if the smell was coming from the heating of the paint. After talking to SVTCuervo, he assured me that the smell was coming from the gaskets for the cat. Sure enough, the smell is going away over time to the point that I have to look under the car to smell it.

All in all, this was definitely a good mod and I put it up there with the Pro-M 75mm MAF as far as gains.

Once again, thanks SVTCuervo for putting this group buy together.

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
#585094 08/02/03 01:15 PM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by MJF4:
A shipment update for today, SVTCuervo?

Also, I'm looking for DEFINITIVE parts numbers for a Magnaflow resonator (regular 'Tour, no-SVT). I got the numbers below while searching the archives.

The SVT piping is 2.25" at that location; is the size the same for an SE, or is is smaller?

Magnaflow resonator 14415 has 2.25" inlet and outlet with a 2.5" core.
Magnaflow resonator 14414 has a 2" inlet and outlet with a 2.5" core.

Also, while looking at the resonator yesterday, it looks to be offset, while the above Magnaflow pieces are straight.

The archives also referenced a #12254 (2.0in) and #12255 (2.25in); these pieces are offset.

Any help, advice, suggestions, etc., is appreciated.
I need to order this ASAP.
Thanks in advance, folks.

Let me rephrase....
GHodge states that everything else on his exhaust is stock.
Q1: In addition to this Y-Pipe, what other mods has anyone done, especially to the exhaust resonator?

GHodge also mentions a little bit of "warmup rasp".
Q2:Could this be resonator-related (there's a better flow to the resonator from the new Y-Pipe)?

1999 Silver SE, MTX K+N, Magnecor 8mm Brullen Y-Pipe BAT struts and brakes Sony X-Plode, Cerwin-Vega Some little stuff (tint, cupholder, cargo net, etc.)
#585095 08/02/03 03:18 PM
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
The res I have is 14215 and is almost exactly the same size as the stock res. It's not offset like the stocker, but it shouldn't be an issue for any shop.

98.5 SVT now gone ... new wheels = 2005 330i
Page 33 of 41 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 40 41

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard