Print Thread
Page 12 of 41 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 40 41
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by 97CS:
Niiiiice, thanks for the PM SVTCuervo. Those pictures only make me want it more.

Soon enough. Alessondro said we may be able to start orders soon and they could ship by the end of the month if wnated. I 'll get back on that. Thanks

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
X
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
X
Question: Will the design of this y-pipe leave enough room by the oil pan bolt to be able to get a socket on it? That has always driven me crazy needing to use an end wrench to get that thing loose.

Matt 2000 SVT Toreador #1210 of 2150
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I'll play devil's advocate here...

I'm looking at the optimized Y-pipe I bought from Warmonger (thanks Tom!)...and I'm not really seeing any huge difference between what's on my desk and what I'm looking at in those pics (on the front 1/2). In fact..I am not to crazy at all about the part after where the two primary tubes come together...the Y looks nice...but the real critical part is where it goes into the single outlet...it looks kinda squarish to me (right before the flex pipe)...and should taper as much as possible.

A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Your's has heat shield! That is very key!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by mcgainer:

I'm looking at the optimized Y-pipe I bought from Warmonger (thanks Tom!)...and I'm not really seeing any huge difference between what's on my desk and what I'm looking at in those pics (on the front 1/2). In fact..I am not to crazy at all about the part after where the two primary tubes come together...the Y looks nice...but the real critical part is where it goes into the single outlet...it looks kinda squarish to me (right before the flex pipe)...and should taper as much as possible.

This is the difference between your and these. Its equal length and allows the gasses to mix instead of being forced into each other. This allow for smoother flow, better scaviging(sp?) and NO DRONE. And antoher difference between this one and your is that these give about 4-7lb. MORE torque and 2-4 MORE HP than your moddified one.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Great pics, nice job.
Just trying to get crystalline on this, so I'm copy-pasting from earlier entries...

This will come with several options including the choice between a high flow cat, and an EXTREME flow cat.

Brullen Y-Pipe: $285
Extreme Flow Cat: +$88

Q: Assuming the $285 price includes the high-flow cat, can we see a picture of the Y-Pipe with the high-flow cat, please.
I'm trying to keep the purchase (less shipping, of course) to the $285 price-point.
Thanks in advance.

1999 Silver SE, MTX K+N, Magnecor 8mm Brullen Y-Pipe BAT struts and brakes Sony X-Plode, Cerwin-Vega Some little stuff (tint, cupholder, cargo net, etc.)
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Originally posted by mcgainer:

This is the difference between your and these. Its equal length and allows the gasses to mix instead of being forced into each other. This allow for smoother flow, better scaviging(sp?) and NO DRONE. And antoher difference between this one and your is that these give about 4-7lb. MORE torque and 2-4 MORE HP than your moddified one.

I'm not sure you've seen an optimized Y then...and I think you're mixing semantics...mixed rather than forced into each other? What's that mean? Warmonger opened up the Y..removed the major restriction, and the primary meeting point is very open, very Y-ish (if that's a word) and opens up into a straight 2.5" channel. The Brullen clearly bottle-necks down..and in all honesty the Y part (that 6" part where the primaries come together) looks like some of the aftermarket pieces in the general exhaust system section (magnaflow maybe?). And still lacks heat shielding. Its been debated many times on whether equal length primaries are really all that..I've not seen any Dyno plots indicating that.

I think that this Y will pick up the #s you're using over a stock unmodded Y...but I don't think realistically that those #s will hold over a properly optimized one.

I will say that it looks a hell of a lot better than any other Y out there. I think my point is that since this Y appears to be "from scratch", that the Y merging point should be as well developed as possible. I know that after talking with Terry Haines, he was of the opinion that even a 15-20 degree angle change on how the exhaust gases come together (read as more gradual) could make a HP/TQ difference...

Just my $.02...not really worth arguing about...just an observation.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
This comes straight from the Performance Fords Web Site. And I know Alessondro and He is a performance goooroooo and knows what he is talking about. This is a direct quote from PF's site about the Y-pipe:

Quote:

Unfortunately at the time of our prototyping, our project SVT already had a modified y-pipe before testing of our new equal length downpipe was conducted. The modified downpipe had exhibited gains on the bottom end (3-5HP and lb-ft of torque up to 5500rpm) when we first dyno'ed that configuration. The dyno chart shown here shows that our equal length downpipe had additional gains of 4-7 ft-lbs of torque and 2-4 HP along the rev range up to 6000rpm. While we were not able to compare our new equal length downpipe to a stock down pipe, performance gains have been clearly identified.

If anyone still needs convincing, then I'll get Alessondro himself to come make a post and tell ya'll what its all about. I'm not trying to start crap or anything, I just have to defend my product
Thanks

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Interest List:

1.ghodge
2.TorsenRick
3.Marky
4.MarkusSVT