Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Originally posted by mcgainer:
I'll play devil's advocate here...

I'm looking at the optimized Y-pipe I bought from Warmonger (thanks Tom!)...and I'm not really seeing any huge difference between what's on my desk and what I'm looking at in those pics (on the front 1/2). In fact..I am not to crazy at all about the part after where the two primary tubes come together...the Y looks nice...but the real critical part is where it goes into the single outlet...it looks kinda squarish to me (right before the flex pipe)...and should taper as much as possible.

This is the difference between your and these. Its equal length and allows the gasses to mix instead of being forced into each other. This allow for smoother flow, better scaviging(sp?) and NO DRONE. And antoher difference between this one and your is that these give about 4-7lb. MORE torque and 2-4 MORE HP than your moddified one.

I'm not sure you've seen an optimized Y then...and I think you're mixing semantics...mixed rather than forced into each other? What's that mean? Warmonger opened up the Y..removed the major restriction, and the primary meeting point is very open, very Y-ish (if that's a word) and opens up into a straight 2.5" channel. The Brullen clearly bottle-necks down..and in all honesty the Y part (that 6" part where the primaries come together) looks like some of the aftermarket pieces in the general exhaust system section (magnaflow maybe?). And still lacks heat shielding. Its been debated many times on whether equal length primaries are really all that..I've not seen any Dyno plots indicating that.

I think that this Y will pick up the #s you're using over a stock unmodded Y...but I don't think realistically that those #s will hold over a properly optimized one.

I will say that it looks a hell of a lot better than any other Y out there. I think my point is that since this Y appears to be "from scratch", that the Y merging point should be as well developed as possible. I know that after talking with Terry Haines, he was of the opinion that even a 15-20 degree angle change on how the exhaust gases come together (read as more gradual) could make a HP/TQ difference...

Just my $.02...not really worth arguing about...just an observation.