Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by 99fordsvt:
2-3HP for bolting on some ring of rubber and steel on the end of the crank???? Come on! It was done for NVH, not durability or power.

Don't bother with him.

Check out his other "posts" Particularly in the GB thread on UD pulleys.

DemonSVT: If my biggest fault is trying to inject some reality into these overhyped performance "mods", is that such a bad thing?

To save everyone time searching for my other "posts" on Underdrive pulleys, all I was pointing out there was that underdriving an alternator will not increase horspower. The demand is independent of alternator RPM. In other words, I'd rather have a fully charged battery and a fast spinning alternator than a slow spinng alternator and a dead battery any day. The voltage regulator only "asks" the alternator to put out what it needs. It doesn't care how fast it is spinning.

Demon SVT: Go ahead, bolt on your DMD and your Underdrive alternator pulley and head to the dyno. Do 3-4 repeats in A-B-B-A format and then report out the results. Before you tell me to, let's see your credentials. If they don't top a Master Degree in Engineering working in the Automotive R&D world including several ASME papers on high speed engine friction, then don't bother. And I'm not trying to brag - just defending myself by undeserved criticism from you.

Did I say a DMD was bad? NO. In fact I may get one for my 99 'Tour for NVH reasons. But let's be real, it is for smoother crank harmonics, not for power.

Back to the fun - sorry if I hurt the tone.