Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
When driving my car today the airbags lights went on and off the whole trip. Trip was like 15 mins total. What can be wrong?

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Air bag light flashes a code, ie:
flash flash pause flash flash flash is a 23
Tell us the code and we can help.

AL

Red '98 SVT E0 3098/6535 DMD other stuff and a Bullitt fuel door
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
You can go to autozone and get a free diagnostic test on your airbag. It's better than paying $60 for a diagnostic test from a mechanic. I hope you fix the problem.

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
do you mean if a cel comes on? If so then no cel came on.Are you implying that the air bag like was flashing a code just like in your example? Air bag light flashes a code, ie:
flash flash pause flash flash flash is a 23
Tell us the code and we can help.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
One of the codes is for low voltage. If you are getting a low voltage code, it can be a sign that your battery is about to fail or is failing. This is a well documented "Contwerq", or something this happens to Contiquesthat is not particularly common to other cars.

See if you can identify the code. It will be in the pattern of flashes. It will flash one to five times, pause, then flash another one to five times. Then it will repeat. For example, you may have two flashes, a pause, and then four flashes. That would be a code 24.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
The airbag light flashes, NOT the Check Engine light.
AL

Red '98 SVT E0 3098/6535 DMD other stuff and a Bullitt fuel door
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
That means that you need to take them to get check out because something could be wrong with them. That happened in my mustang and i looked it up in the manual

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I had mine flash last summer. Never came back. Strange. Hey it's a Ford.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by GirlieGirlTour98:
That means that you need to take them to get check out because something could be wrong with them. That happened in my mustang and i looked it up in the manual

If it was a Mustang, then that might be what's needed, but with Contiques, as others have mentioned, sometimes it's just flashing a code - caused by, for example, low voltage due to a dying battery.

NoS should count the flashes and let us (or their mechanic) know...

Cheers,
--
Terry McG

N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
well i can't count the flashes now becuase the car is at the mechaincs. But Big JIm i think yo are right about the battery and low volatage because i had to jump start the battery to get it going. Thanks guys for all ur help thats why i love this dam place

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard