Originally posted by BlackE1:
Originally posted by horseydug:
Originally posted by olekeg:
.... i cant get the middle seatbelt undone.

You have to separate at the buckle with a screwdriver.

Push seat cushion back and up should do it if your hands are at carpet level. If at top front edge then down, back and up should do it.

Do not separate it at the buckle unless you want to break it!! Just did that to mine and now i am looking at it on the underside of the buckle there is a small hole, you need to stick somthing up there and it will release the belt. You dont have to break off the plastic cover!!!

READ THE OWNERS MANUALS GUYS!!!! IT IS UNDER THE "SEATING " SECTION!!!!

There is a small hole you can get a paperclip in!

As far as the seat goes. Stand outside the car and pull up on the front of the rear seat near the corner on one side. It will pop, then go to the other side and do the same thing. Once you have that done push down and back on the rear of the cushion to unhook it on both sides.

You're not going to save a ton of weight doing this mod though. The seat is incredibly light. You're going to get a ton of road noise from this mod also.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph