Well to get right to the point,I faced them this way because I wanted to pick up as much air as possible.I wanted to use 2 inch louvers but was unable to because of the shape of the fender, meaning it curves or starts to roll up and you need a flat surface to work with.

To those who think this is done wrong,well you need to first under stand that ram air is done in two ways if it functional.Facing forwards and facing backwards.I have had to cars from way back when that had ram air. 70 ford Tornio
GT and a 70 Trans am. The Torino ram air faced forwards and the trans am face backwards. "YOU TELL ME WHO'S RIGHT"

This is real and works very well,the back side of the fender has under coat on it and has a screen right at the louvers to keep out all but air, this is done right from the start.

This does cost more than a buck a louver,to just have that done it was like 75.00 so keep that in mind then you have paint, rust proofing and what ever you will be useing for piping to the air box Later R96SE

Fully Modded Duratech,love my indaglows,lowered,two tone paint,short shifter for auto,custom front bumber pre 98,3 inch custom exhaust.Third place winner at 03 all ford nats: Lets go for a fun run soon !!!