Originally posted by bxd20:
George and others-

I am running Pro Flow with stock intake. yes it's a tight fit, but I didn't have to remove anything. I did the install on a night in the 30s, so it's doable.

I assume you have mounted the maf adapter on the pro flow on your work bench. You have loosened the clamp that goes over the accordion tube almost to the point the screw will fall out. Now, I did not use any lubricant, but it might help to VERY lightly coat the inside of the accordion tube with WD40. The air box is off the car out of the way. Insert Pro flow into accordion, make sure you are inserting it straight. it should go in quite deep. Besides pushing, I also used a slight twisting motion. You need to put your whole body into this, lean on it as you push into the accordion tube. Once in there, do NOT tighten the clamp yet.
Grab your airbox, and:
1. catch the lower edge of the airbox on the upper edge of the maf adaptor. Do NOT overlap them much, maybe 1".
2. start lowering the fender end of the airbox, keeping the same overap on the other end. one hand should be planted against the maf adaptor, pushing the whole assembly against the engine while the other hand pushes down at the fender end of the air box. during this whole time, you do NOT want the air box to go down into its proper position against the maf adaptor. standing on the side of your car, you are pushing away from your body on the maf adaptor, and down at the fender side of air box.
3. you will be able to get the box into the cold air draw completely, with patience and some vein popping. ;-) at this point, still pushing the maf adaptor away from your body with one hand, push down on the filter with the other hand. it will slide into place.
4. align airbox for clamping, clamp shut.
5. give the accordion tube to pro flow connection a final check for tight fit, tighten clamp completely.
6. plug in and enjoy.

i could probably do a clinic on these, if you got to my area of Ohio, i work in Richfield and live in Parma Hts.

Brian Dors
99 SVT

Brian-
That's exactly what I did MINUS the WD40, should've thought of that. . .you HAVE to tighten the clamp once it's all in place. . .good how-to, it'll help, wish I read it before I did mine

Suneil