Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 34 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Thats great. I would realy like to see if anyone can dyno this.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Ya thanks for the group buy. I got mine last week. I will be dynoing at the end of the month. I am going to try and do a before and after.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Yep... finally got mine on yeaterday too. I think it helped a bit with my power at WOT. Thats where I needed it. I 'l be dynoing later but that will be after a few other mods.

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
yeah, thanks for the GB, forgot to mention that SVTCuervo, and timeless420 is right, WOT is sick. . .it's tough to describe, you can tell the car is gulping the air in so much faster, it just flies. . .

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
George and others-

I am running Pro Flow with stock intake. yes it's a tight fit, but I didn't have to remove anything. I did the install on a night in the 30s, so it's doable.

I assume you have mounted the maf adapter on the pro flow on your work bench. You have loosened the clamp that goes over the accordion tube almost to the point the screw will fall out. Now, I did not use any lubricant, but it might help to VERY lightly coat the inside of the accordion tube with WD40. The air box is off the car out of the way. Insert Pro flow into accordion, make sure you are inserting it straight. it should go in quite deep. Besides pushing, I also used a slight twisting motion. You need to put your whole body into this, lean on it as you push into the accordion tube. Once in there, do NOT tighten the clamp yet.
Grab your airbox, and:
1. catch the lower edge of the airbox on the upper edge of the maf adaptor. Do NOT overlap them much, maybe 1".
2. start lowering the fender end of the airbox, keeping the same overap on the other end. one hand should be planted against the maf adaptor, pushing the whole assembly against the engine while the other hand pushes down at the fender end of the air box. during this whole time, you do NOT want the air box to go down into its proper position against the maf adaptor. standing on the side of your car, you are pushing away from your body on the maf adaptor, and down at the fender side of air box.
3. you will be able to get the box into the cold air draw completely, with patience and some vein popping. ;-) at this point, still pushing the maf adaptor away from your body with one hand, push down on the filter with the other hand. it will slide into place.
4. align airbox for clamping, clamp shut.
5. give the accordion tube to pro flow connection a final check for tight fit, tighten clamp completely.
6. plug in and enjoy.

i could probably do a clinic on these, if you got to my area of Ohio, i work in Richfield and live in Parma Hts.

Brian Dors
99 SVT

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Brian,

I took the wimpy way out. What I did was to take a hacksaw and cut off most of the end of the airbox that fits into the air silencer mounted in the fender. After doing that I was able to get everything in without too much fuss. The accordion tube provides enough compression to keep the airbox pressed up against the air silencer. I did not include a picture because it looks just like stock when I got done. If you look at the tapered end of the airbox, a fine line should be visible. I hacked off the end section about an 1/8" from that fine line.

I haven't verified that when putting the stock MAF back on that the accordian tube will keep the airbox pressed in the fender mounted air silencer.

To date, no CELs. On my 2000 I ended up having to pull fuses 6 and 11 after looking at my owners manual. Also, I had no fuse 4. I haven't been able to run it hard enough to notice a difference. Darn heavy traffic.

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by bxd20:
George and others-

I am running Pro Flow with stock intake. yes it's a tight fit, but I didn't have to remove anything. I did the install on a night in the 30s, so it's doable.

I assume you have mounted the maf adapter on the pro flow on your work bench. You have loosened the clamp that goes over the accordion tube almost to the point the screw will fall out. Now, I did not use any lubricant, but it might help to VERY lightly coat the inside of the accordion tube with WD40. The air box is off the car out of the way. Insert Pro flow into accordion, make sure you are inserting it straight. it should go in quite deep. Besides pushing, I also used a slight twisting motion. You need to put your whole body into this, lean on it as you push into the accordion tube. Once in there, do NOT tighten the clamp yet.
Grab your airbox, and:
1. catch the lower edge of the airbox on the upper edge of the maf adaptor. Do NOT overlap them much, maybe 1".
2. start lowering the fender end of the airbox, keeping the same overap on the other end. one hand should be planted against the maf adaptor, pushing the whole assembly against the engine while the other hand pushes down at the fender end of the air box. during this whole time, you do NOT want the air box to go down into its proper position against the maf adaptor. standing on the side of your car, you are pushing away from your body on the maf adaptor, and down at the fender side of air box.
3. you will be able to get the box into the cold air draw completely, with patience and some vein popping. ;-) at this point, still pushing the maf adaptor away from your body with one hand, push down on the filter with the other hand. it will slide into place.
4. align airbox for clamping, clamp shut.
5. give the accordion tube to pro flow connection a final check for tight fit, tighten clamp completely.
6. plug in and enjoy.

i could probably do a clinic on these, if you got to my area of Ohio, i work in Richfield and live in Parma Hts.

Brian Dors
99 SVT

Brian-
That's exactly what I did MINUS the WD40, should've thought of that. . .you HAVE to tighten the clamp once it's all in place. . .good how-to, it'll help, wish I read it before I did mine

Suneil

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
I got mine today, nice bit of work there!
Has anyone had problems with hunting? I've done about 30 miles in mine since fitting (yes I popped the fuse) and it still hunts for the 750 idle speed, it's even stalled twice.
I do have the anti-moose in place, just wondering if it would help taking it out?
Apart from that, I love it. It pulls lke a train (that's a loco for you guys )

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Gary

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
Anyone?

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
give it some more time man, mine does that and I am currently in the process of recalibration (transit time) with pro-flow, they were very helpful. If you continue to have the hunting idle, you'll more than likely throw a check engine light. That happened to me so I reset the PCM and tried it again. Got another 'CEL' and called for a recalibration. Good luck.

Page 30 of 34 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard