Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Damian (sp?) told me (since I got it for my STOCK SVT air box) that I'll have to recalibrate for an open air element. . .the stock air box works in my favor out here because Houston just gets to damn hot in the summers, I probably lose all the benfits of the open air element because of the heat soak. . .ghodge, the accordian tube that connects should be flexible enough to squeeze it in, I haven't got mine yet to know for sure, but I would think people would be able to add this to a stock setup.

Suneil

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Suneil,

Maybe I didn't try long enough or hard enough (it was low 50s outside when I was trying) but the accordian tube couldn't compress enough for me to get everything in. It barely compresses enough to get the stock, shorter MAF/airbox assembly in. The problem is that it's tough to get the end of the airbox to go into opening of the plastic silencer in the fender.

I was going to hack my stock airbox up like SVTCuervo did so I called a ford dealership to see how much a replacement would be if I ever wanted to go back to complete stock. Ford wants $267 dollars for the airbox assembly. They don't see the airbox cover separately.

If I can't get everything to go together, I may just pull the silencer out of the fender. That should give me enough clearance.

Anybody else have their Pro-M installed on a completely stock SVT intake setup? Any tips before I pull out the silencer?

My mistake was to rush to get in on the group purchase without doing enough research. Mine is "calibrated" for use with stock airbox when I should have gotten the open element "calibrated" non-flanged meter. It would have made life alot easier.

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ghodge:
Suneil,

Maybe I didn't try long enough or hard enough (it was low 50s outside when I was trying) but the accordian tube couldn't compress enough for me to get everything in. It barely compresses enough to get the stock, shorter MAF/airbox assembly in. The problem is that it's tough to get the end of the airbox to go into opening of the plastic silencer in the fender.

I was going to hack my stock airbox up like SVTCuervo did so I called a ford dealership to see how much a replacement would be if I ever wanted to go back to complete stock. Ford wants $267 dollars for the airbox assembly. They don't see the airbox cover separately.

If I can't get everything to go together, I may just pull the silencer out of the fender. That should give me enough clearance.

Anybody else have their Pro-M installed on a completely stock SVT intake setup? Any tips before I pull out the silencer?

My mistake was to rush to get in on the group purchase without doing enough research. Mine is "calibrated" for use with stock airbox when I should have gotten the open element "calibrated" non-flanged meter. It would have made life alot easier.

crap. I fear I'll be in your situation soon enough, and as you, I jumped into this with full gusto thinking it should work with the stock air box, I think they should then either refund or recalibrate accordingly for us since I was TOLD that this works for the stock SVT setup no problem. . .oh well, I'll compress like the best when I get mine, hopefully the accordian tube will be flexible. . .it's tight enough in there as is, when I clean my air filter, I rip up the stock silencer feed all the time. UGH.

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
I'm thinking right now that I will do whatever it takes to get the meter in place with the stock setup like removing the silencer or maybe even cutting off the tapered end of the airbox. Then when I get my exhaust completed and possibly do the 3L thing, I'll complete the intake setup and get my PCM flashed while on the dyno by the fordchip guys. That way I won't have to worry about the expense of getting the Pro-M "recalibrated"
since I would be getting the car dyno tuned anyway.

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Hey guys untill I get my new intake, then I'm gonna have the stock air box on there with a K&N drop in. The only thing I did was take off the lid to the air box. Here is the picture:

If anyone needs help getting the stock one in there, then PM or post and I'll try to help. Thanks

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Here is the close up:

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
YAY! And NO CEL's.

Before:

After:

Last edited by 97CS; 04/07/03 11:35 PM.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Just installed my MAF today. No CEL's!! Throttle response feels better, especially at lower rpms. The hardest part was getting the stock accordian tube on the MAF.

1998 SVT
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I got the MAF on, its great. Man it really bucked for a few start ups, but now runs rock solid. The only bad thing was that when I pulled the stock maf I lost my grip as it came out and it chipped the edge of my fender, oh well just use some touch up paint. Other then that its great, Thanks for the group buy!

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
#574450 04/10/03 02:31 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Hell YEAH!
Got it, ate dinner, anxiously thought about it, came home, installed it (my god I thought I was having a hernia shoving it into the accordian tube), BARELY squeezed the stock air box back on (had to rip the little funnel lip thing), and VOILA. I'll have to do some serious flexing when I clean the filter, but that'll be in like another 10k miles. . .and yeah, I can feel it (I'm talking about the butt dyno)

Suneil

Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard