Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 34 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Chris,

I hadn't intended to do anything to my intake setup until I could do it all at once and then all of a sudden comes along the group buy. I have to get a cone filter, MAF adapter, and build a heatshield still. I was trying to install the MAF and verify that it works well just in case I had to send it back.

If I can't get it installed with the stock setup, I'll have to figure out a way to temporarily mount it just so I know that the meter works with my car. I'll probably need a piece of rubber hose and some sort of coupler.

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Just waiting for the lyaer of ice that I got on my car from the storm to melt before I test it out (can't even get eh hood open)

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
THAT MUST SUCK, its 8:30OM here and still 80 degress outside .

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ghodge:
Chris,

I hadn't intended to do anything to my intake setup until I could do it all at once and then all of a sudden comes along the group buy. I have to get a cone filter, MAF adapter, and build a heatshield still. I was trying to install the MAF and verify that it works well just in case I had to send it back.

If I can't get it installed with the stock setup, I'll have to figure out a way to temporarily mount it just so I know that the meter works with my car. I'll probably need a piece of rubber hose and some sort of coupler.

My new intake hasn't come yet and I installed the MAF on my stock air baox with a bigger K&N air filter. It was a little tight but it fit non the less. Took me about 10 minuters to do the whole thing. It can be done and I'll take some pics when I get home. If you need any help just PM me and I'll do. Thank

P.S. This MAF is bad A$$.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Just got my MAF in the mail two days ago. Will install it when it warms up here. Hopefully..... it is calibrated right and will not give a CEL.

1998 SVT
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by --CitatioN10--:
THAT MUST SUCK, its 8:30OM here and still 80 degress outside .

Tell me about it. I had to have my boss bick me up for work today because the ice that froze around my car is higher than the lower egde og my bumper and sideskirts. I's like a f'n rock. Guess my SVT will have stay put till it thaws out

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Has anyone else noticed how much smoother the engine is with the MAF? I burned half a tank just testing it out. No CELs and I love it.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Very cool mod, I am happy with my purchase to say the least. The car feels a bit quicker all the way around. It only took me 5-10 minutes too, I was worried that the PCM hadn't had enough time to reset itself during my install. Thanks SVTCuervo for the sweet deal. Now you can change your name to something with a little more style like SVTSauza or SVTPatron .

H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I love mine, the engine is much smoother, even the wife noticed. My setup is perfect.

I have the CTA Intake pipe, Pro-M MAF w/o flange, and a 8.5" K&N filter w/o MAF adaptor. I have gained an inch of clearance with the removal of the MAF adaptor and a 1/2 inch with the CTA pipe. I will post before and after pictures.

Sold 1998 Contour LX 13.868 sec 1/4 mile time. Two years of rental cars, seriously. Holding out for 07 Cobra Mustang.
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
does anyone wanna sell me thier stock MAF? iNeed it for a se contour not an svt. If yes drop me a PM or email me at nossvtcontour@aol.com

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching
Page 28 of 34 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard