Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Since I have not seen much interest in anymore rooms in Huntsville, I will get my wife to call tomorrow morning and adjust the amount of rooms we have reserved. This will cause the deposit price to go down some. The reason I want to wait before I start yelling for money from everyone is because if we adjust the amount of rooms now and the deposit goes down, get money from everyone, then have to add more rooms later for any late comers - the price of the deposit will go back up. I do not want to get this all screwed up, so be cool guys. You will all have a place to stay either way.

Like I said before, I have 10 rooms reserved and they are not going anywhere. They are ours. We can adjust the amount of rooms as needed until the 15th of next month.

Hector, do I need to go ahead and set you up for a single? If so, just PM the info that Rich laid out in the forum above and I will set you up first thing in the morning. You do not have to send any money right now.

The way we are going to work this is we will start asking for deposits around the last week of this month. That way it will give everyone a couple of weeks to get the money to me and still have a week for the contract/deposit sent to the hotel.

One more thing... I tried to log into fastcougar and was not able to so I couldn't post to topgunz post there. There has not been any replies, but thought that if I stated that I could hook everyone up with a room it might help. Oh well!

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Well Kim got off the phone with the hotel this morning and I am not pleased at all. Since we have only 4 rooms right now, our rates have went sky high, along with the deposits!! I know that I said this would not happen and I meant it, but the hotel has changed it on us. Sorry, it is out of my hands. This really pisses me off!

The only way that we will be able to get the rates that I have outlined above, we must fill all ten rooms. There was a lot of interest in this and a good number of people staying over when all this was being planned and I am wondering where they have all went. I know that we can fill all ten rooms or at least close to it. A hell of a lot closer then 4.

Honestly, if we have only 4 rooms, we will basically get the online rate, which is only a buck or two short of the standard rate.

If everyone feels like there will be no one else interested in getting a room this way, which is way easier and at a way better rate, then I would think that we should just drop the idea and everyone book their own rooms individually.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
How high is sky high? Should we call the hotel and book with them or online? Are they really firm on the regular price? Let me know if I have to book directly with them. That totally sucks that they did that..maybe I will find another place all together and not give them my business at all.

Thanks Phil for putting this together and taking the time. If you have the contract, does it say anywhere on there that you have to fill up all 10 rooms? If not, and you have it in writing, then you should be able to pay the rates stated in the contract.

'95 GL White I've got mods.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by unisys12:
Well Kim got off the phone with the hotel this morning and I am not pleased at all. Since we have only 4 rooms right now, our rates have went sky high, along with the deposits!! I know that I said this would not happen and I meant it, but the hotel has changed it on us. Sorry, it is out of my hands. This really pisses me off!

The only way that we will be able to get the rates that I have outlined above, we must fill all ten rooms. There was a lot of interest in this and a good number of people staying over when all this was being planned and I am wondering where they have all went. I know that we can fill all ten rooms or at least close to it. A hell of a lot closer then 4.

Honestly, if we have only 4 rooms, we will basically get the online rate, which is only a buck or two short of the standard rate.

If everyone feels like there will be no one else interested in getting a room this way, which is way easier and at a way better rate, then I would think that we should just drop the idea and everyone book their own rooms individually.

quote=LocoChick'95] How high is sky high? Should we call the hotel and book with them or online? Are they really firm on the regular price? Let me know if I have to book directly with them. That totally sucks that they did that..maybe I will find another place all together and not give them my business at all.

Thanks Phil for putting this together and taking the time. If you have the contract, does it say anywhere on there that you have to fill up all 10 rooms? If not, and you have it in writing, then you should be able to pay the rates stated in the contract.

What is high? I will send my deposit tomorrow if that helps any. Let me know.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
I am sorry for getting everyone all worked up over this. I was just a little ticked off over all this. Heather, I read back through the contract and it did not state that if all the rooms were not filled the pricing would change. This was the manager of the hotel that told me this, so... Oh I could shoot myself right now.

Prices right now are $36 plus tax for a single per night and $40 plus tax for a double per night. This is only a few cents cheaper then online prices!!! So you can see why I got so upset. Oh and the deposit makes no sense. They raised the deposit to $47 per room!! That being for two nights.

Now! If we can get more rooms filled, the price of the rooms along with the deposit will come back down. I am willing to fight this so that we can get a better rate then this. It is not too late to even check with another hotel and I might just do that. If everyone would feel more comfortable just doing this themselves at this point, I can understand and I am very sorry about this. I will still be saying I am sorry to you guys when we get to Huntsville that Friday. But! If you want be to press forward and see if we can get some more people in this, I will be more then glad to do so. I really want this just as bad as everyone else.

Heather & Hector, as for deposits, don't send me any money right now. Like I said before, lets see where this goes before we do anything else.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
$40 a night for a double isn't too bad. I was worried it would be more than that. Also, the $47 deposit is for BOTH nights, correct? And that will be deducted from the $80 for both nights, right? Did you mention to the manager that it wasn't in the contract that the rates would increase if the 10 rooms weren't filled? Phil, I appreciate all your hard work, man. I don't think there is anything else that is cheaper in the area--unfortunately. I remembered looking it up and most were $45 to $50 a night. So, $40 is good. Also, I'd rather be in the same hotel as everyone rather than have us all split up over town.

As for NECO, I PMed Kade today and heard back from him. He is still trying to go and also get some other people. More people means cheaper rooms.

Anyone else from AL, MS and LA thinking about going? It's going to be fun ya'll!

'95 GL White I've got mods.
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by LocoChick'95:
$40 a night for a double isn't too bad. I was worried it would be more than that. Also, the $47 deposit is for BOTH nights, correct? And that will be deducted from the $80 for both nights, right? Did you mention to the manager that it wasn't in the contract that the rates would increase if the 10 rooms weren't filled? Phil, I appreciate all your hard work, man. I don't think there is anything else that is cheaper in the area--unfortunately. I remembered looking it up and most were $45 to $50 a night. So, $40 is good. Also, I'd rather be in the same hotel as everyone rather than have us all split up over town.

Thanks! That really sets my mind at ease. I just knew that everyone was going to dunce me for all this.

Yes, whatever the deposit will finally be, will be for both nights. This is the deposit that you would normally pay with your credit card when reserving the room over the phone or online. And yes, it will be deducted from the total cost of the room.

As for NECO, I PMed Kade today and heard back from him. He is still trying to go and also get some other people. More people means cheaper rooms.

Very cool indeed. Glad the hear.

Anyone else from AL, MS and LA thinking about going? It's going to be fun ya'll!

Yes it is!!!!

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I will send the money tommorrow. $47 right?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Yes. $47.

D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
$40 is a great deal.I checked some Franklin motels today. From $62 to $85! Super-8 promised to get close to $45 for a 'group' but ask Phil how slippery that can get. Still if anyone's interested in Franklin accommodations PM me and I'll go further with it.

doc haynes '98 black cSVT #1423 Dunlop, EBC, Eurostruts
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard