Originally posted by RogerB:
Allow me to add to the negative.

If you want the max light output, get the Sylvania Xtravision. It's the same bulb and internal gas charge of the blue-filtered Silverstars without the light-filtering blue coating, or the increased scatter and glare of "blue" wavelength light (esp in bad weather.)

Better yet, get Philips Premiums, $30/pair from http://www.autooptiks.com/front.htm. Even more light output, and available in high and low beam.

There is no inherent advantage to high "color temps" or blue-white light, and "looking brighter" doesn't mean it really is brighter.

But, if you want that fashionable faux-HID look, the Silverstars are an OK choice. Get the Cool-Blues if all of your friends have them, and you want to be laughed at by anyone over the age of 25.

Making a fast-pass of the Autooptiks Automotive Lighting Info webpage, right away, the first thing there that made me say "Hmmm?" was this:

"...the human eye has evolved over billions of years."

One billion can also be expressed as 1000 million. The earliest known humans date back no more than two million (.002 billion) years.

The fact they positioned a bogus, over-hype statement in the front of their "Info" page makes me wonder which other elements of their "test-data" may have been similarly exaggerated. Bottom line is, it damages the credibility of all the information that follows.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.