Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
You know these will only fit the late 99 and 2000 contours with the MTx and the ATx contours with the 3 bolt cat flange...right. Anyone considering these better make sure that they have the 3 bolt cat flange of the y pipe will not fit without midification

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Yes stealing another person's hard work and R&D is very lame. It's not the first time though...

However it's even lamer to copy the exact same flaw in the Y-pipe as the MSDS unit. Heck the V-bend in the SS unit is even worse then the MSDS unit.
That alone shows they put absolutely no thought or effort into making these besides copying the other units.

BTW - bare SS (it isn't coated right?) definitely does not retain as much heat as coated mild steel. That equates to hotter underhood temps, hotter oil temps, and more exhaust energy lost (less scavenging effect)
Also if you are thinking about wrapping it. T304 SS does not take very well to it. (I.E. cracks!)

Yes it may "technically" be other "choice" but for the same price you can support the original designer.
My opinion, but then again I am free to voice it.

BTW - What type of warranty does your company offer with the headers?
That's another very important thing for everyone to think about...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
96BlackSE, you are definitely coming across as a sanctimonious jerk. You??d do better to spend your time enjoying your car and finding a cause that??s worthy of your attention because this one is not worth the damage it is doing you.

If the quality of these headers is poor, that will become apparent and no-one will buy them. Otherwise arguments like ??well it just isn??t right never hold much weight in the long run.

I would bet you??ve never designed, built and tried to sell anything in your life. If you had, you would give other people EVERY benefit of the doubt.

You think I or anyone else gives a damn about quote:??which third world country these were made.?

As long as they weren??t made in France I could care less!

Last edited by JEDsContour; 03/06/03 04:43 AM.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Nice to become a jerk because I wanted to let people know where they came from...

I am not going to even argue with you...

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
I guess since this GB is officially hi-jacked....

Here's Nima's GB on underdrive pulleys he set up!

Just for the record, I've done business with Nima in the past, good person to deal with. I've also done business with Marty at MSDS directly, also a good person. The person doing the S/S headers is only trying to give some options to what's available now. Don't like it, don't buy it, simple as that. JEDS, if you believe in this product, show us wrong, buy them and tell us they're bitchin'.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Design flaws, material problems, incompatibility with wrapping and warranty issues are all good arguments against.
For the record, for the same price I will support the ??original? designer as I have done just recently and as I plan to again this fall. (Yes I do actually spend my money on the things I comment on in this forum).

However, slamming a vendor (any vendor) with empty arguments based on vague references to past ??wrongs,? as occurred here, makes me nuts. Maybe its just because in the software world I have seen similar attacks occur far too often with much more serious result.

I think the vendors offering us something for our cars in this forum should get a fair hearing based simply on the merits of their product. Some disputes (this one) are clearly between the vendor themselves - and should stay there.

DemonSVT??s questions and concerns are excellent and truly deserve a response.

Last edited by JEDsContour; 03/06/03 05:54 AM.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
You got a problem with these guys selling headers! Spend your energy convincing MSDS to take them to court. Harassing and slandering someone who is legally offering their product for sale is a criminal offense in itself (think about that!).

dont come up here thinking you're all that and a bag of sh!t chips with the coke, for the rest of you, the folks on CEG have a very limited litter of idiots and a high majority of intelligent people (heck look at it, 4 door family hauler vs 2 door kiddiebucket) Buttnuggets that threaten legal action over an online exchange of words are humerous at best a just plain f'ing morons at worst.

get out of here with that crap, if people want them they'll buy em, if they dont they dont, yes someone else started the little fire but fanning the flames isnt going to sell headers..

i'm interested btw, i might pick up a set this summer, do they have the proper ammount of o2 holes in the right areas?

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Speed Demon I??ve read your post several times now and I frankly don??t know what the hell your saying. Are you upset because you think I am bashing this vendor and suggesting legal action against them?

Why don??t you read the entire post of the people you quote?
For that matter, why don??t you at least read the quote?!

Even taken out of context my post is clearly saying that the people who have chosen to harass this vendor should stop.

The contour is not that popular a platform with the aftermarket. Any serious vendor who takes an interest in our cars should be encouraged ?? especially here on the ??Contour Enthusiast Group? web site.

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
The contour is not that popular a platform with the aftermarket. Any serious vendor who takes an interest in our cars should be encouraged ?? especially here on the ??Contour Enthusiast Group? web site.

Amen to that.

Jim

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
OK AutumnOrange, Now I??ve gone out on a limb and made much noise about your right to offer a product here based on its merits without being harassed.

Seeing as I??ve purposefully directed the heat my way to give you a break I have a couple of things I would like to say and I think you should listen.

This is a Group Buy forum. We use this forum among ourselves to coordinate larger purchases for discount. We may work with a vendor, but the main focus is on price.

When vendors offer their products here directly, as you are doing, it should be for another reason. You want the positive exposure and the future sales it can generate. We are a large and vocal enthusiast group. If we use your product and like it we will say so. We will say so and we will encourage other enthusiasts to also use your product. You get direct word of mouth advertisement to the very people most likely to purchase your product in the first place.

To see how this works at its best, study the Bosal Cat-back group-buy that went on here a few months ago.

From that point of view, the problem with your post is that you have offered us absolutely no discount at all. Anyone can sign on your website and order a set of these headers for $649 + $20 shipping. You are using our group-buy forum as a kind of inexpensive classified advertisement.

If you are sure you have a quality product and want the positive exposure we can bring it, you should offer us a serious discount. Maybe Limit this discount to the first so many purchases (like Bosal did) but offer it.

As so many here have pointed out we have a vendor (MSDS) we already know and trust. You should definitely offer us some inducements to start building that kind of relationship with you.

Offer a serious discount to the first so many CEG buyers willing to try your headers and see what happens ($500 a set shipped to the first 10 buyers?).

If I buy a set and are happy with them I will definitely not be shy about letting others know.

Last edited by JEDsContour; 03/06/03 12:56 PM.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard