Well, my short ram is almost exactly as long as the CTA intake...but without the s bend that the CTA has.Wouldn't that be better for the engine...you know less bends? Hmmm,i don't understand how the street flight CAI made 10 Hp on the dyno while mine is exactly the same except for the pipe going into the fender wall(how the hell did they get a 3" pipe in there).I know short rams tend to become subject to heat soak. I feel like my top end is ok,it seems to feel a little more powerful but you know how modding goes...even if the mod didn't do you any good....your brain tricks you into thinking your car is faster...I could be fooled by the loud ass noise that the thing makes .All i definatley know is that i am a lot slower off the line and it makes me very discouraged.I spent a lot of time planning this and a lot of money buying things for this intake and as far as i am concerned...it was a disaster Hmmm,do you think that i should use a smaller pipe? I don't know how the MAF would fit if i did, even if it did fit,i would think that i would hurt my top end. Did anyone notice anything similar when you bought the CTA intake?