So here is my problem...

When my tranny shifts from 3rd to 4th there is some noticable "chugging" going on just before the shift. Also, during very lite throttle application while in 4th.

Here is what I have been able to find out so far...

Ok! So I have been carrying with me a P0743 code for quite some time (ever since the car was in the shop the last time because of a botched tranny job!!). I know that code means that there is an electrical circuit problem with the torque converter clutch solenoid. I also know that the solenoid is engaged by the PCM grounding the solenoid.

I have an article that outlines the pins of the torque converter solenoid. The entire article can be read here, with information being on pages 3,4&5. I will list the pin names here though...

Pin 1 = TFT Signal
Pin 2 = Signal Return
Pin 3 = TCC Power In
Pin 4 = TCC Signal From PCM
Pin 5 = SS2 Signal From PCM
Pin 6 = Shift Solenoid Power In
Pin 7 = SS1 Signal From PCM
Pin 8 = 3-2T/CCS Signal From PCM
Pin 9 = EPC Power In
Pin 10 = EPC Signal From PCM

Which leads me to what I don't know...

Ok! So which one of these is the ground? I am guessing that it would be Pin 2, but I am just not sure. I know to check the obvious things such as the Power In and what not, but if someone could give me some insight what the others are, such as Pin 5, 7, 8, 9, & 10 it would help me out a great deal.

Since I don't have a scanner that I can use to moniter all this at the sametime, I will use my Fluke DVOM and check to see if voltages are switching while driving one by one. Any additional input here would help out a lot too.

Thanks for anything at all. Hell even a smile or two would help me at least feel a little better.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime