Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
info: http://www.demondynamics.co.uk/

buy: Terry Haines

Geoff C. Turner 99 Black SVT -mine 99 Blue SE V6 ATX -mom's 96 Black SE MTX -sister's All with 278mm front rotors
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by cougarsvt:
Again this is a kit that people can afford, and yes most of us understand the parts list on street flight kit but...... i and a few others want some choices. The more choices out there guys, the more the kits prices lower to be more competitive! Thats just how it goes in the business industry, and thats good for us! Hey if other people want to step up and produce a cheaper kit then id say go for it! But i WILL agree that the parts list on the Street flight kit are great, but to expensive for me and a few others. You know Carson will be making headers now to right? Soon the price for headers will drop, is that alright (not being sarcastic)!? Once again the parts on the Street flight kit are not junk!!! Neither is Carsons!!!! Just made a tad differently! Both will give big gains!

So what is the status of this kit?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Just 5 days after he posted this on CEG, he posted this on automotiveforums.com and the price is $3800 and makes only 245 fwhp. Might as well get a Vortech, put out more peak hp, and pay $600 less. He said, they also plan on using a front mount air/air IC as well. I know stazi and mark rowe can both vouch that wont work. he then said that someone has already blown their engine using the street flight kit which to my knowledge is false, and if if they did, it wouldnt be street flights fault. i could blow up my engine too using his kit. just detonate that sucker! anyways, you can read it here.

click me

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Lets just say that ANY turbo will blow your engine if you're an uneducated, stubborn, idiot who turns up the boost, not realizing what you're doing.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
looks like that was a hoax, you shut him down on that other forum. . .I'm sure you can mount an air to air WITHOUT the bumper like shown in the picture I'd go SF without a doubt, yeah we don't have a great aftermarket, but when the passerbyers waltz and offer something that's a little cheaper, there's usually a reason why. . .

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
well the word is that that shop is working on a set-up for a Cougar with a front mounted intercooler that will be making a lot more than 245 hp in 3 weeks when it's complete. i wanted to see if this guy knew anything about that. From what I understand Street Flight is not making much off their kit so it's difficult to see how another company with a similiar kit can release one for almost $2000 less. either way i'm still interested to see how this turns out.

B
BDR Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
well considering that they are the only ones in the market making a Turbo for the Duratec, they can charge watever they want and people will pay it, or they don't get a Turbo. now if this kit works out good, you'll see the SF kit price drop drasticly, cause they will have competition.

2000 CSVT (SOLD) #531/2150 now 2003 WRX !FINALLY SPONSORED! "Big Pimpin, Never Slippin"
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by imprtKLLR:
well considering that they are the only ones in the market making a Turbo for the Duratec, they can charge watever they want and people will pay it, or they don't get a Turbo. now if this kit works out good, you'll see the SF kit price drop drasticly, cause they will have competition.

I don't believe the street flight kit can drop much in price considering the components. SF would have to cheap out on everything they are including to lower the price. Personally, I would rather pay up front for all the right goodies and ones of the right quality, rather than want to replace all the parts later on. There is no way SF is taking a huge markup in these kits.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
like i always say, "What The Frick!?!?", ok now, beyondloadeSE i have a question for you (or anyone else who may know) what do you think that ITS kit will put out on a CSVT?
because i noticed that you said the stock SVT made 292 and the cougar made 265
(i know the cougar has slightly different intake and all the rest of the hooplah thats different about it) but, seeing how he quoted 245hp for the ITS kit on a Cougar, would it be higher on a CSVT like how you said the SF kit is when comparing the contour svt and the cougar?
I was just wondering because with what you said about SF and the contour and cougar comparo, there's about a 30hp difference, so would there be a difference with the S#ITS kit (i mean ITS, the S and the H are silent that's what they don't tell you lol jk ) sorry if i misunderstood somethin you were trying to say i just wanna know if that S#ITS kit is better on our SVT's. Thanks

I'M RICK JAMES BITC#!!!!!!!!!!!!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
well i cant really answer that because i dont know what components are really included in the itsturbo.net turbo other than the front mount intercooler. but then again, were talking about contours here and that 19" intercooler wont fit on the contour. so theyll have to up the price and get a water/air IC like the street flight kit or just forget about it completely. if they threw in a water/air IC like street flight, i think the price will be a lot closer to SF. but considering the non svt made 265 fwhp and the itsturbo.net made 245 fwhp, i would say that the street flight kit would make more power on an svt. but lots of factors such as boost pressure, gas octane, how aggressively its tuned, etc can only determine really which kit is better. personally, i think the price difference is worth the more quality components that street flight sells.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard