Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Hey Guys,

I know many of you have shared my frustration over the lack of Forced induction options for the Cougar/Contour platform. Well, today things have turned around for us. While walking to my car tonight I just happened to stumble upon a company called Innovative Turbo Solutions which fabricates quality custom kits for our cars at a much reasonable price than Street Flight of Vortech. The owner of the shop Carson McKee was kind enough to give me a tour of their facility where they make custom kits which include T-60 garrett Turbo, air to air front mount intercooler, boost and A/F gauge, custom dyno tuning, warranty on all parts, etc, and etc all for about $3200 for the 2.0L and $3800 for the 2.5L. In fact as I was touring the shop there was SVT Contour on the rack waiting to install a returnless Vortech kit. The owner was aware of the limited market for our cars and states that when people hear their prices they usually think it not feasible or it's not a quality product. I just recenlty settled on the Vortech kit after searching for months on other options after being told that FI couldn't be done safely or that it would cost $5000-6000 just to fabricate the kit, but apparently that is not the case. Needless to say I have the Vortech S/C and I'm sure that I'll be happy with it but I would have gone for the more reliable and greater output of the turbo. I was so excited to share the news that I forget to get all the actual parts included in the kit but I promise you that it's worth the time to call or check out the website for more details. The web address is www.itsturbo.net , phone 937533-1730, e-mail sales@itsturbo.net, and hours of operation are 9a-9p M-Sat EST. They are distrubutors for Turbo Smart, Greddy, Apexi, Sparco, Eagle rods, NGK, D/C Sports, AEM, Cartech, Garret-Turbonetics, S&D Filters, Autometer, Bomex, West Wings, Spearco, Clutchmasters, B&M, ARP Fastners, Steeda, Ford Motorsport, Momo, Red line oils, and many more. I hope you guys find this info useful. Please let me know what you think of the company. BTW I'm not affiliated with ITS in any way I just promised Carson that I would let you guys know what else is out there!

Courtney

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Interesting, but it sounds like you have to pay extra for the water cooled intercooler, turbo headers, fuel computer, and fuel pump... Maybe that's why they're cheaper?

C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Nope turbo headers and updated injecters are included!

In fact The turbo kits will start with basic parts including: Instructions, header(s), turbo(s), piping, Intercooler, hoses clamps, oil lines and air filter(s).

Courtney

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
if everything checks out and it looks like something that can be done for us, do you think that shop would be willing to do a group buy?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i do like that you've tried to help the ceg community by finding more FI sources, but i still tend to think that Street Flight is a better deal and i dont think u can compare to the demon dynamics turbo kit for the zetec. iirc $3800 for the stage 3 kit from DD gets you all this:

T3 Turbo complete with standard 31 actuator
Set low compression forged Pistons to achieve 7.45:I ratio
Head gasket Multi-layer steel
1 set of grey Injectors
Modified fuel rail
Demon Dynamics uprated fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
Demon Dynamics inlet manifold
Inlet manifold adaptor plate
Demon Dynamics Turbo exhaust manifold
Exhaust down pipe adaptor plate
Lambda sensor adaptor for exhaust down pipe
De-compression gasket
1 set uprated con-rod bolts
1 set of head bolts
Breather one-way valve
Boost silicon Hose set
1 set of spark plugs
Breather blanking plate
Turbo oil feed adaptor ref engine block
BSP oil feed adaptor
BSP adaptor for Turbo oil return ref sump
Turbo rated braided oil feed pipe
Fuel Hose
Jubilee clips
Polished stainless steel pipework
Cylinder heads will require machining for use of the correct spark plugs

its a bit more expensive, but includes a whole lot more and according to terry haines it puts put 350 fwhp!

btw, a front mount intercooler wont fit on the contour. anyways, i think by the time u added in everything in the street flight kit, i think your probably looking at more money. this is just based on what u said is included with this kit, so maybe im mistaken. just a thought. if it can be made with same quality and for a cheaper price, more power to you!

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Do you have any dyno numbers for the turbo SVT's this company has done? Can you get into contact with anyone who has these kits on their cars. Testimonials and solid HP numbers would make a HUGE difference.

Also, where is this company located? And, the SVT kit isn't even listed on their website, as far as I can tell atleast.

Last edited by TheGreatOne; 02/14/03 01:49 PM.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
While this sounds like a good deal, I am of the opinion that it may be "Snakeoil". $3.8k for a turbo for our cars does not make sence. I know the guys at StreeFlight and I can personally attest that they are NOT making a killing on the kit. They are using good parts and get good prices. While I hope they get rich from the kit, I don't foresee it happening anytime soon. I hope that this new option is a reality, but buyer beware.

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I don't agree with the snakeoil part. Think about the cost for the SF turbo, then minus the extra (like the SPARCO water cooled intercooler), S-AFC, etc... you'll see they're about the same price.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Well, say what you want...all i know is that i am a poor college kid and i couldn't get a turbo even if it only cost 1000 bucks for everything.But i am happy for all of you who are actually getting one...

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
While I do believe a functional turbo kit for the contour/cougar 2.5L could be made cheaper than the street flight kit, I certainly don't believe the street flight kit is overpriced at all. While I have not had the chance to go over one of the streetflight kits personally (I need to make my way up Stazi's) I believe they are using some very high quality components, and in a lot of cases, stuff you would want to upgrade to if you were to get a less expensive kit.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard