Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Butthurt? Something to prove?? Sounds to me like these three are having the same kind of conversation that occurs almost daily on this board - whether it be Duratec vs. Zetec; SVT vs. non-SVT; something else vs. Contique; etc.

If you don't want to read the thread....DON'T.

I'd appreciate it, however, if you'd quit generalizing and making assumptions about an entire flock of CEGers here simply because of an argument between three people

"Hey, look at me! I drive a Zetec so I must be a ricer!!!"

Maybe I should put that in my sig - LOL

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Sorry, you are right. I did generalize and I know you are not like that. Daryl, when have you known me to give someone crap about what they drive, or not be supportive and attempt to help anyone with a project or question REGARDLESS of what engine/car it is?
I'll amend that last post and say "SOME" ZETEC owners...etc.
(you're not gonna stay mad at me are you? )

Quote:

If you don't want to read the thread....DON'T.

On the contrary, I said I enjoyed reading all of the drama. If it gets too deep or worse then I probably will stop reading it, but for now it is like a circus to me.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Yay...a circus..

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'm not mad at ya warmonger

I just hate seeing generalizations (in general )

It's one of my pet peeves

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Blackie:
Originally posted by AssociatedPress:
Source: Associated Press
Researchers at the University of Michigan discovered an enzyme this week that is released into the human bloodstream whenever a car powered by a DOHC 4cyl engine is driven. This enzyme has been proven to inhibit the subjects's ability to tell time. In certain cases, the test subjects actually thought that 16.8 seconds was less time than 15.8 seconds. Researchers have found a cure for the disorder. When test subjects were exposed to horsepower, the effects of the enzyme were lessened and sometimes went away entirely.

LMAO!

I love the drama on this place, but don't bring me into this (whoever mentioned me). I'm just in the peanut gallery pointing and giggling at all the circus clowns in here.

I saw another post like this when the ZETEC owners were so butt-hurt by someones comment about their cars. You have to admit you guys are reactionary...someone posts a somewhat unbelievable claim and you get mad at the opinions...then you jump in to his defence and make it YOUR battle. Just remember you asked for it.
I don't think anyone is putting down the ZETEC or pumping up a cavalier. It is strictly a numbers comparison, FEEL FREE TO PROVE THE COMPARISON WRONG!

Oh yeah, someone go buy TurboToms zetec power kit and dominate the contour world so you can have bragging rights. Until then it does seem to exhibit a kind of 'Napoleonic Complex' like someone has already mentioned.

Just a disclaimer: I am only commenting on the attitudes displayed here, not dissing on your cars or whatever.
Like I said, I enjoy reading the drama!

warmonger

Reactionary!? I feel the same way I did last night. Some people think since we have a Zetec we are lower then you SVT owners. That we don't know anything and everything we post is BS. I had said that EVERY z24 I have ever seen couldn't get out of the 17's and that is BS. I have said I have beaten one on the track and that is BS. Saying that there was no way a MODDED Zetec could beat a z24 or any Cavalier. No, nobody is knocking the Zetec owners. Just because you have a SVT badge on your trunk.....nevermind.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I have a confession....I have been beaten many times by my buddies stock cavelier MTX...it wasn't even a Z24. His brother has one of the new ones(you know with the body kit and stuff).They have the same exact engine and are both MTX and there is such a huge difference between them when they race its not funny. The guy with the older(00' i think)cavelier beats the 2002 so bad.Its like really sad. They beat me off the line really bad and i can never gain any ground... To me i think this whole issue has been beaten to death.MTX will beat an ATX...no question about it...even with intake and exhaust.I just can't see it happening with my past experience with them. They are light and though they still don't have much HP they are quick little bastids. My car is stock and can't hang with a regular 115hp cavelier mtx nevermind a Z24.

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by D Davis:
...."Hey, look at me! I drive a Zetec so I must be a ricer!!!"

Maybe I should put that in my sig - LOL

You are a Ricer and if you leave yourself logged in at the shop again, I WILL put it in your sig!

This whole thread makes me

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by tourman113:
I have a confession....I have been beaten many times by my buddies stock cavelier MTX...it wasn't even a Z24. His brother has one of the new ones(you know with the body kit and stuff).They have the same exact engine and are both MTX and there is such a huge difference between them when they race its not funny. The guy with the older(00' i think)cavelier beats the 2002 so bad.Its like really sad. They beat me off the line really bad and i can never gain any ground... To me i think this whole issue has been beaten to death.MTX will beat an ATX...no question about it...even with intake and exhaust.I just can't see it happening with my past experience with them. They are light and though they still don't have much HP they are quick little bastids. My car is stock and can't hang with a regular 115hp cavelier mtx nevermind a Z24.

That is you. I whoop on regular Cavliers, even modded.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Rev. Po-Jay:
You are a Ricer and if you leave yourself logged in at the shop again, I WILL put it in your sig!

I'm just waiting for the moment you give me access to your cox.net webspace....MWAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA! Total ownage will be mine!!!

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
OK, away from mods, given that different shapes cause different areodynamics, take an MTX Zetec and MTX Z24, given the cavalier has slightly more HP AND lighter weight shouldn't it beat the contour which is heavier and has less power?

Im not trying to say the Zetec is slow becasue i have dirven them they are very quick cars stock. BUt I have also been in my cousins 1999 Z24 and with me in the car with him, we beat a few stock Zetecs.
Not by much, but we did win. Now weather they know how to drive or not I don;t know, and I know that a small number we raced had intakes and exahust. Now this is only from my experiences....everyone has different ones...now my question is, With these 2 major variables in favor of the Z24, and my experiences that i have witnessed in favor of the z24, how can it be slower than a Zetec?

Here is a quote from car and driver:

Quote:

Chevy Intros Cavalier Z24
February 16, 2001
.......Under the hood, the Z24 has a 2.4L twin cam L4 engine that cranks out 150-hp and 155 lb.-ft. of torque. The car also has a sport suspension system.

Ok it has 150 HO and 155 tourque...... now here is the specs for the engine
Quote:

Displacement:. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 146 cu in, 2392cc

Power (SAE net). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .150 bhp 5600 rpm
Torque (SAE net). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 155 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm

Transmission. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4-speed automatic
Wheelbase. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 104. in

Length. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 180.7 in
Curb weight. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3000 lb

Zero to 60 mph. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .8.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .27.7 sec

Street start, 560 mph. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .8.9 sec
Standing 1/4-mile. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16.8 sec @ 82 mph

Top speed (govemor limited). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 107 mph
Braking, 700 mph. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .190 ft

Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .0.79 g

Theres all the data....withing the time i had to post this i didnt have enough to post the zetec for comparison. If some one could please then we can all see where the cars are stock.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard