Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
"2. Think what you will. I care little. I understand you wanting to be mad since you can't be correct."

See, that's the thing. No one doubts what you are saying. Problem is you aren't giving anyone else their say, or credit for their experience. You said you've seen the Z24s run 15s. Well, the people with the ATX and MTX Zetecs have yet to come across a Z24 whose driver can pull those kinds of times. Should Zetec owner's encounter a such a driver and be beaten, well then you will have been correct and I am sure that will make you feel pretty damn good inside for being right. All it takes is a track, a good driver, some fast cars and a beautiful day.

'95 GL White I've got mods.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I agree bench racing is pointless if a "point" comes up neither side will budge on.

I have personal experience with these "magically" fast Z24's and when in doubt refer back to simple power to weight. If you can't see that then we will just have to agree to disagree.

so a 1000lb brick is gonna be as fast as as a 1000lb porsche both cars have equal weight and hp.... so which would win????
see even the slightest change in shapes there is a major difference in how a car moves with the same power... can you understand that??? I can but I'm not as smart as you are....
and since you seem to keep thinking I want to race your SVT which I can't see how cause ever post I have made says your wifes Z24 in it how about coming with you god like SVT and race a local guy with a lowly SE MTX I bet you will lose and he is not on the bottle or S/C

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
pros in blue
cons in red

i say LOCK this biotch. this $#!+ is GHEY! it does suck though that the SVT guys have to bash the ATX Zetec's.
I know that I probably will never be able to hang with an SVT in MY ATX ZETEC! but that won't keep me from trying. this is a great car, and despite what some people may say(no names) the Zetec does have some pretty good power. I've certainly been impressed by my so called "slushbucket" maybe people like that need to be booted as well. I'm not on this site to listen to someone elses gloating(sp) about something that any CEGer would know...that the SVT outperforms the Zetec...I'm here to find out how to's and what to do's.

mamma always said "if you dont have nothin nice to say, DONT SAY NOTHIN AT ALL!"

PRIME-TOUR You're fired! I write the books here! ~Tom~
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
my MTX Zetec beat a ATX SVT...lets intelligently continue that thread...

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
this is pointless

PRIME-TOUR You're fired! I write the books here! ~Tom~
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I say ya'll meet halfway and put $500 on it (to cover costs incurred due to travel) and just settle it. I personally have a friend who has a Z24 that has run 15.9 against my 15.2 (SVT) at the track. Then this whole discussion will be done.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
According to Randmcnally.com it is 248.5m for each of you to go halfway. I would do it just to settle it once and for all.

Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
It seems these Zetec owners have something to prove. I wonder why?....

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
If that 500 dollar thing happens, I would like whoever is near these two, to video tape it and post it on here! And after one of you lose and you found out whose D*** is bigger I don't think anyone wants to hear more about it. So there is my input, to much hate with this thread guys!

Come on, can't we all just get a long?

-Jason

Jason 00 Audi S4, 2.7 Bi-turbo quattro 01 S10 Xtreme, 4.3l 98' Contour SE with some mods 96 Cavalier (beater)
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Blackie:
Originally posted by AssociatedPress:
Source: Associated Press
Researchers at the University of Michigan discovered an enzyme this week that is released into the human bloodstream whenever a car powered by a DOHC 4cyl engine is driven. This enzyme has been proven to inhibit the subjects's ability to tell time. In certain cases, the test subjects actually thought that 16.8 seconds was less time than 15.8 seconds. Researchers have found a cure for the disorder. When test subjects were exposed to horsepower, the effects of the enzyme were lessened and sometimes went away entirely.

LMAO!

I love the drama on this place, but don't bring me into this (whoever mentioned me). I'm just in the peanut gallery pointing and giggling at all the circus clowns in here.

I saw another post like this when the ZETEC owners were so butt-hurt by someones comment about their cars. You have to admit you guys are reactionary...someone posts a somewhat unbelievable claim and you get mad at the opinions...then you jump in to his defence and make it YOUR battle. Just remember you asked for it.
I don't think anyone is putting down the ZETEC or pumping up a cavalier. It is strictly a numbers comparison, FEEL FREE TO PROVE THE COMPARISON WRONG!

Oh yeah, someone go buy TurboToms zetec power kit and dominate the contour world so you can have bragging rights. Until then it does seem to exhibit a kind of 'Napoleonic Complex' like someone has already mentioned.

Just a disclaimer: I am only commenting on the attitudes displayed here, not dissing on your cars or whatever.
Like I said, I enjoy reading the drama!

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard