Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
real simple way to prove us wrong demon... have you and the wife come to the national meet.... bring your SVT and the wifes Z24 and you and me race at the track... and I know you will be suprised with the results of the race....
ooh and you and the "claims" of not dising the Zetec... well ummm sure if you really think that is what you do here. hell you even dis the standard Duratec ATX or MTX you think the your SVT is god like it is really sad. So I will say it again are you man enough to race my lowly Zetec or are you just the big mouthed I know everything I'm never wrong a**hole that I think you are?

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by AssociatedPress:
Source: Associated Press
Researchers at the University of Michigan discovered an enzyme this week that is released into the human bloodstream whenever a car powered by a DOHC 4cyl engine is driven. This enzyme has been proven to inhibit the subjects's ability to tell time. In certain cases, the test subjects actually thought that 16.8 seconds was less time than 15.8 seconds. Researchers have found a cure for the disorder. When test subjects were exposed to horsepower, the effects of the enzyme were lessened and sometimes went away entirely.

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

impressive you know how to make up a cool little press release.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by LoCoZeTeC2.0:
you said it was impossible for a Zetec to go 140 (I wish I had a closeup of the screen when at the dyno), now we can't beat a Cavalier, oh well. And that is with my low 121 hp and 121 tq to the wheels.

Since when does a dyno have anything to do with real life driving?

You are not carrying the weight of the car and incuring any DRAG!!!

Dear lord wake up!!!

I still don't buy all these 17 second Z24's.

I seen far too many that run 15's to buy that for a second.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I didn't make it up, it was originaly about a Honda, but it fit this situation well, so I modified the times.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by LoCoZeTeC2.0:
you said it was impossible for a Zetec to go 140 (I wish I had a closeup of the screen when at the dyno), now we can't beat a Cavalier, oh well. And that is with my low 121 hp and 121 tq to the wheels.

Since when does a dyno have anything to do with real life driving?

You are not carrying the weight of the car and incuring any DRAG!!!

Dear lord wake up!!!

I still don't buy all these 17 second Z24's.

I seen far too many that run 15's to buy that for a second.

Well since posting speedo pics is not allowed I guess you will never see it(and don't give me "that drivng fast and streetracing is bad ; I have a certain video of you going 120 on a two lane road). My point was that you said there WAS NO WAY a Zetec could do it. My point is it seems like every post about a Zetec beating a Cavalier you call BS(it has happened more than once). I have done it on a track. I guess you are the best driver ever.

All I ever wanted is to show fellow Zetec owners that there is potential to this engine (in the Contour). But it seems like everytime that goes on a SVT owner is there to bash them. It seems like all the countless hours I have put into my car is in vain.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
NO the REAL simple way is to let DemonSVT ride in Hector's car. I think you are missing ONE thing here. No one disagrees that an ATX Zetec wouldn't be able to take a Z24. WITH MODS...there is always an advantage. Sure, most people won't mod the ATX 2.0 (like myself), but there are several people on this site that have modded their Zetecs both ATX and MTX just to show what the motor is capable of.

It seems like you are just ready to toss everything these guys worked for just because YOU deem the car unworthy. There is nothing wrong with stating facts. But everyone jumps up someone's butt who really knows cars and takes the time to mod said car, "slushbucket" or not. Whoever said that we should shake hands and say "good job" for putting work into the Contour, you are exactly right. We are all here for one purpose. And besides, EVERYTHING can be proven on a track. So enough of the dissing man. Just let it freakin' go.

'95 GL White I've got mods.
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
No one is putting down anybody for modding their cars. It's extremely impressive the times that Hector is getting out of an ATX. But that doesn't change the fact that a STOCK ATX Z24 has been PROVEN to run a full second quicker.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
1. real simple way to prove us wrong demon... have you and the wife come to the national meet....
2. So I will say it again are you man enough to race my lowly Zetec or are you just the big mouthed I know everything I'm never wrong a**hole that I think you are?

1. That's just not really feasible for a family that has 2 kids and both of us work. Plus just to prove a stupid point that should be plainly obvious.

2. Think what you will. I care little. I understand you wanting to be mad since you can't be correct.

Again what would racing you prove about anything. I could just as easily dyno the wife's car and scan that plus a certified vehicle weight from a scale. Power to weight. Then figure in the gearing is pretty close as is the redline and there's nothing much more to guess about since slushboxes are brainless to drive.

If you mean against my SVT I really don't understand what that would prove either.

Yes I have a bit of confidence in what I drive versus other owners. I have good right to don't you think.
I've worked hard to make my car into what it is today. I am sure you and others have as well. I also know what my car can do.

If that makes you upset. Tough sh~t. I dont care! Get over it, or not. Again I don't care.

I agree bench racing is pointless if a "point" comes up neither side will budge on.

I have personal experience with these "magically" fast Z24's and when in doubt refer back to simple power to weight. If you can't see that then we will just have to agree to disagree.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by GLChick'95:
NO the REAL simple way is to let DemonSVT ride in Hector's car.

or mine...
or ask Buckshot what he said at Spring Zing when I gave him a ride to the hotel room gingerman...
he said I had good pickup for a standard duratec... and remember I'm a MTX....
so demon come on up to friendly chicago and race me I'm more than willing to let you try and prove me wrong at the track
or are you just worried I would beat him and the wifes Z24 won't run the time he has before in it and that would mean all your SVT times were BS too.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard