Originally posted by rozwell911:
3) having a stright pipe for exahust in my experience can cause loss of power in lower rpm in a 4 cyl. Which means only his upper band will get power...true its nice, but by the time you get the power, the cavalier is already at his peak and maybe past and getting ready to shift. Im my experience, back pressuer is a good thing on a 4 cyl.

These are the 3 main factors you have to look at. I can see if it was MTX vs MTX and maybe then the story might be believeable. but even then the guy in the cavalier would have to make a mistake or know not how to drive to lose.

Im not trying to "put down" a fellow contour driver, but im sure that we these 3 points, you can understand why its so hard to believe. an intake and exahust will only give you so much. and even if the cavalier had an intake and exahust too, you'd be right back where you started if both cars are stock.

Roz

Like I said I being a MTX owner.... and I have dual exaust with one muffler before split... see sig for dyno numbers... and I make 80% for my TQ at 2600RPM like I did when I was bone stock.... no lose of power down low here
and as I have said before at Route 66 in Joliet Il. NHRA track and a good one at that... which has a good amount of recods set there. best I have seen a current gen Z24 and non Z24 is low 17's both ATX and MTX. well maybe by some freak of nature their engine is effected more my heat and humidity but I find that hard to believe casue as I'm running 16.8,16.9 and a few 17.0's and one 17.2 (missed second) the best any of them that were there was a low 17 outside of one that was with a big bottle in the trunk that ran a 15. to believe a time someone posts on the web is very had to do being that I could go to another track not that far away from my house and run upper to mid 15's at about 85-90mph and I could have video and a time slip to show for it too. would you buy that based on the hp and TQ numbers in by sid I think not.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing