Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
#534 04/02/01 05:28 AM
Q
Q
Troy,
Please give me an email adress that can respond to about problems that I've had, complete with dates, service receipts, dealer names, milages, and a VIN #. I'll be willing to help SVT out as long as SVT is willing to help US out!
oneqwicktwo@hotmail.com

------------------
98.5 Toreador Red SVT
KKM intake
Tsudo custom exhaust
JSP GTR wing
Eibach lowering springs
Koni Adjustable struts
Engine mounts
Autometer shift light
Bosch Hi-Pro wires
Bosch Platnium plugs
Audi A4 sidemarkers
Fog light mod
Th/Moosing fix
Rear dome light mod
Lighted moonroof switch mod
Glovebox light mod

98.5 SVT ~ diamond white metallic custom DuPount paint ~ shaved antenna, trunk key hole, and ding strips ~ roof mounted antenna ~ 20% tint ~ clear corners (front) ~ Audi A4 sidemarkers ~ 17" Mille Mille Evo 5 wheels with Yokahama Parada Spec-2 tires ~ Koni adj. struts ~ Eibach springs ~ SMA rear strut tower brace (front no longer fits ~ Powerstop cross-drilled rotors ~ Mintex A/F pads ~ ploy bushings including motor mount insert ~ 3L conversion ~ full custom intake ~ custom Cardoc exhaust ~ gutted precats ~ 24lb injectors ~ 3L upper and lower intakes ~ Rear dome light mod ~ glovebox light mod ~ lighted moon-roof switch mod ~ fog light mod ~ Autometer shift light ~ FCO indiglow guages ~ body color interior bits ~ some custom sound

Administrator www.fordcontour.org
#535 04/02/01 11:22 AM
W
W
Wow...looks like Troy really got himself into a mess

My only real concern is reliability...i've put 17,000 with no problems but hearing all these horror stories on this board about this and that going bad...i'm very worried...

stupid question...why does it seem like the imports last longer than the domestics? and they're cheap to boot! and you can make them go faster, even!

though, i'd still rather have my svt contour

#536 04/02/01 12:08 PM
B
B
I think after 5 pages with no end in sight this thread needs some logical separation between topics.

I think Troy, and anyone else at SVT or Ford who cares enough to come listen and talk to us, ought to have their own Forum.

At the very least, we need separate threads for people to talk about trannys, posters, paint, etc. separate from everyone else. I really love this thread, but it's really hard to follow now that 18 different things are being discussed.

I'd hate to see Troy quit on us because it's too hard to follow things.

#537 04/02/01 12:18 PM
B
B
I think after 5 pages with no end in sight this thread needs some logical separation between topics.

I think Troy, and anyone else at SVT or Ford who cares enough to come listen and talk to us, ought to have their own Forum.

At the very least, we need separate threads for people to talk about trannys, posters, paint, etc. separate from everyone else. I really love this thread, but it's really hard to follow now that 18 different things are being discussed.

I'd hate to see Troy quit on us because it's too hard to follow things.

#538 04/02/01 02:00 PM
Z
Z
Well, he started the thread, and wanted to know what our gripes were... Who wants to make 6 different posts because they have six different gripes. I think this went just fine, and anyone at SVT should get an idea what our issues are... I do like your idea for having a separate forum for Ford and/or SVT to address out concerns. Although, I have a feeling this will be a "one-time-thing"...

ZillaŠ
2K SVT Contour
#1441 of 2150 - D.O.B. 1/11/2000
green/tan
-= everything on it =-
#539 04/02/01 03:18 PM
S
S
A question for Troy,

You commented on the fact that SVT was supporting the SHO Shop in their efforts to support the Contour SVT. One question I do have is why the 3.0L Duratec was not used in lieu of the 2.5l??? I seem to recall an article in one of the car rags that talked about driveability issues as being one of SVT's concerns yet those who have made the conversion haven't spoke of any to begin with. It's probably easy to conclude that the addition of the Quaife differential is probably the reason for that but why couldn't that as well have been a part of the package or some similarly designed LSD??? Why was all wheel drive written off as well???

Curtis
98 CSVT

Curtis
Dead 98 Black SVT
#540 04/02/01 03:18 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I?d have to agree with bigwalton on separating the questions, but I don?t think there needs to be a separate forum. I having a hard time figuring out which questions I?ve responded to and which I haven?t. Maybe it would be good to just post a new thread for each question that way I know what I?ve responded to.

I hope everyone is patient I?ve been getting a number of e-mails to respond to as well.

First I?d like to address the questions about the posters. They are gone, sort of. I have reserved the last few of them in our archive for future use. If someone did get one after I put them in the archive, I?d consider them quite fortunate.

Quote:
Promises Broken issue?

Zilla please elaborate. As I said earlier the Enthusiast goes to owners for that model year. Last year we had 3 issues. If you didn?t get the 3 2000 MY issues I can get them for you.

For the people that are concerned with dealer service. We are working on a new program to make our dealers more informed about SVT products. We know information is key and the program will focus on making sure the dealer is up to date on our vehicles.
Currently we do have SVT specific technician and sales training via satellite that allows interaction between the instructor and student. I was the first instructor for this type of training at SVT and I can personally say it works well at teaching the uniqueness of SVT vehicles and customers.

Quote:
I have a feeling this will be a "one-time-thing"...

I?m not going anywhere

Troy

Troy

93 Cobra
#4336 of 4993
built 6/10/93

93 SHO ATX
built 6/8/93
#541 04/02/01 03:36 PM
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTNupe:
A question for Troy,

You commented on the fact that SVT was supporting the SHO Shop in their efforts to support the Contour SVT. One question I do have is why the 3.0L Duratec was not used in lieu of the 2.5l??? I seem to recall an article in one of the car rags that talked about driveability issues as being one of SVT's concerns yet those who have made the conversion haven't spoke of any to begin with. It's probably easy to conclude that the addition of the Quaife differential is probably the reason for that but why couldn't that as well have been a part of the package or some similarly designed LSD??? Why was all wheel drive written off as well???

Curtis
98 CSVT

cost my friend... its all about the dollar.

i am offically a troll... so take my information and advice with a grain of salt.

08/15/2001 - 11/05/2001 : 1999 Ford Contour SVT : 170fwhp - 147.9 fwtq
07/17/2001 - __/__/____ : 2001 Roush Mustang GT Stage 1
11/05/2001 - __/__/____ : 2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning
#542 04/02/01 03:40 PM
B
B
sorry to add more, but Zilla, I didn't say anything was wrong with what we've done thus far at all! I think it's great, the feedback's been great and Troy's making a great effort. I was only suggesting different threads to help out our new friend.

#543 04/02/01 03:44 PM
S
S
Bret,

I realize that cost was an issue and I even remember reading something to effect that SVT or Ford (probably the latter) wanted to keep the cost of the Contour below $25k. I realize that perhaps the all wheel drive and a Quaife differential would have been out of the question but the 3.0l but I really wonder how much of a differnce in bottom line price there would have been??? They went all out on the Cobra and Lightning which they should considering these are special market vehicles but even if the cost of the CSVT would have been $25k-$26k as oppose to $22k, I would have been game and I'm sure many others would have been too. Look at what Subarau has been able to do?!?! Like someone else said, Ford had the right game plan with the CSVT considering the fact that there really wasn't another 4 door sports sedan in the under $30k segment other than the Maxima. I just don't see why they couldn't push the Contour performance wise like they did the Lightning and Mustang.

Curtis
Dead 98 Black SVT
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard