Originally posted by wavrdr:
Originally posted by wavrdr:
Tom,
Just curious about your choice of oil pan inlet devices. Did you go with an "AN" bung? The hardline looks good, and it "appears" you did go with an "AN" fitting, but did you weld it in. Trying to figure it out before I recieve my kit from SF, and seeing as the pan is aluminum, I'm curious of everyone's "plan of action".

All right All right!
I forgot to respond to it.

It is a 1/2" NPT pipe fitting that fits a 1/2" ID compression fitting from my drain tube. I drilled a hole, then tapped it with a tap. The wall on the oil pan is quite thin but I was able to ket about 2-2.5 threads out of it. The npt fittings self tighten depending on how deep you tap them. I tapped it to about 60-70% so it would have enough of the fitting on the inside and outside of the oil pan. I used medium strength Loc-tite on the threads, screwed in the fitting and let it set. AFter 10 minutes I coated the fitting on the inside of the oil pan with black RTV to insure a positive seal.

Simple.

warmonger

Now how about some ideas for my question??????????

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black